Logic and the fallacy of 1914

by neverendingjourney 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Isn't it true that the way CTR arrived at the date of 607 BCE for the destruction of Jerusalem was by counting backward from the original date he wanted (1874)?

I'm sure I read this somewhere...

Just as he took a drawing of the great pyramid that was (likely) less than four inches across and came up with the proofs for the "bible in stone," this religion is developed by starting with a foregone conclusion and working backward to build a case for it.

Remember Rutherford and the prophetic furlongs from Pittsburgh? A perfect example...

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Thanks for making my illustration clearer, M.J. My field doesn't involve mathematics. It does, however, involve a good amount of writing and logic. I committed my thoughts to writing pretty quickly after spending some time meditating about the dishonest way the Society goes about arriving at its 1914 doctrine. I might have been able to express my thoughts in mathematical terms a bit more clearly had it not been so long since I sat in an algebra classroom. Thanks, again, for your input.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Just buy the book Gentile Timer Reconsider

• heathen
    heathen

If I remember correctly , can't seem to find my live forever book at the moment , they said something like the tree stump being bound by two bands meant there was two fulfillments .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit