How do you feel about funerals?....would you want one?

by restrangled 22 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I find funerals and wakes morbid and horribley depressing for all involved.

I just recently attented a celebration of someone's life, after their death. It was wonderful. There was a large screen that displayed their life in pictures to their favorite music. It could not have been a better tribute.

Everyone watched over and over again. There was wonderful food and beverages, probably 400 people, ...and extended relatives who could play, picked up his guitars and sang and played tribute.

I thought it was so much more fitting than a horrible wake and funeral.

What do you think?

r.

• changeling
    changeling

I have been thinking a lot about my funeral the last few years.

Here's what I DON'T want:

A religious sermon or prayer

To be buried in a cemetary that is surrounded by a chain link fence

Fake flowers on my grave at any time

If these instructions are not followed I WILL find a way to come back and haunt the perpetrators.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

http://www.anatomicgift.com/ my body is going for science, no burial nor cremation for me, no expense for my family.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

don't want to go to a JW funeral ever again - not interested in a funeral for myself - I'll be dead. What would I care? If it makes someone else happy, go ahead with it.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

http://www.lifegem.com/

thats the only way my wife is gonna get another damn diamond outta me............ jk

its either sick as hell or funny as hell.......... im still debateing

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I am really uncomfortable at funerals, unless its an irish one, drink till you drop, I can handle those funerals. A JW funeral is sheer torment, I would never attend one again, they don't even talk about the individual who passed really, just a brief, yup yup, so and so died and now onto the public sermon of why you should become one of us. GAG

This is what I want, when the time comes:

I want to be cremated. Sit in a coffin that costs thousands to turn to dust anyway? No thanks.

A little memorial where my kids and hopefully grandkids can go when they need to be "near me".

To have my ashes spread into my favorite bay on the island where I grew up.

A party celebrating my life, not mourning my death. People telling funny stories about me, etc.

A catholic priest officiating, just to tick of my JW family. I gotta have the last laugh you know!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Errs,

I have given verbal and written instructions to designated family members that I should not have a KH service. If they want to have an informal gathering to remember me, they may do so. Thank you for asking.

OTOH, I've gotta lotta livin' to do!!!!!!!!!

Plum Pox

• llbh
    llbh

I do not want people to remember me but think of my children. So music - Menuit pur le nom de Hayden by Ravel - for my daughter an evocation of life. Daffodils, older son, born in spring, and an alto sax younger son - he has just stared playing. Sorted! And cremation I like to be warm!!! And to top it all to go out with the Firebird suite by Stravinsky the back for a drink!!

llbh

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I just went to one yesterday for a friend of mine, 42, wife & mother of 2. It was one of the worst/saddest I've been to, but it was so nicely arranged, liek ones others have mentioned w/ powerpoint w/ music. It was very moving and a beautiful tribute.

• oompa
    oompa
    sweetstuff...aka...god: To have my ashes spread into my favorite bay on the island where I grew up.To have my ashes spread into my favorite bay on the island where I grew up.

God I hate all funerals. OK island girl..I'll bite what island is it? My will also states for my ashes to be spread at the tip of an island at Power Squadron Spit...it may not sound like much...but it is paradise. But I would rather be dumped whole at sea near there and feed the fish, crabs, and shrimp. I want no memorial, but a party aboard the burial ship!...oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit