How do you feel about funerals?....would you want one?

by restrangled 22 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

I don't go I would rather remember them living, and keep my hopes up to see them again some how; and no I don't want one.

• Mum
    Mum

At this point, I do want a mass said. I also want a good gospel choir to sing in a spirited manner some of the gospel songs I knew in childhood. I would like Jerry Lee Lewis' rendition of "I'll Fly Away" to be sung as people are leaving the graveside.

Everyone in attendance will be given information to access a web page or written material about what I have learned on my journey -- what I remembered and what I learned from it all. We should not take all of our wisdom with us to grave, nor our precious memories either.

Regards,

SandraC

• restrangled
    restrangled

After reading all the responses, what I gather is that funerals are an old religious rite. Something that is expected but not actually wanted in the end.

Perhaps this is another ridiculous religious custom that can be put to end.

I would not want to be viewed dead in a box, be mourned over for serveral days and then a huge procession out to a grave site.....The thought makes me sick.

I would rather be remembered in my best days, with a party, and my ashes sprinkled in a garden or in the ocean. Plant a tree for me in the yard if you can. Preferably, one of my favorites.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit