DEAD JW MOTHER HUSBAND TO SUE HOSPITAL

by badboy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I UNDERSTAND FROM NEWS OF THE WORLD THAT ANTHONY GOUGH WANTS TO SUE THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE HE FEELS THEY WERE NEGLIENT IN SAVING HIS WIFE'S LIFE.

• DJK
    DJK

I understand that the coronors office is still investigating. Maybe they will bring charges against the WTS.

All good questions to persue. Maybe someone from the UK has more info?

• south african beef
    south african beef

I heard, but don't quote me on this, that the husband was upset that even though the hosptial has a cell saver machine it was not in the delivery room in case there were complications.

However, I heard someone on the radio who used to work for the company who manufactured the machines, that they were useless for the particular problem of haemorraging during childbirth due to a) it takes a minimum of 5 minutes to get the machine up and running even if it was already in the room, and that would be too long, and b) the machine cannot be used when there is a massive blood loss in childbirth, they are designed to be used when there is an operating would where the machine can be carefully directed to a particular spot.

This is only hearsay but it may help.

SAB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m going to sue my mechanic.....It`s against my religion to put oil in the truck and the engine seized due to lack of oil..Crazy EyesDancing Banana With Wrench.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

I have just done a search on the BBC website, and the local Shropshire news pages, but nothing so far about a claim against the hospital.

That doesn't, of course, mean that there won't be an attempt by some sadly misguided JWs to sue a hospital whose hands were tied as they had to be law comply with the consent form that had been signed by the patient.

But perhaps their attempts to "kick back" at this outcome may make some of them reason the serious nature of this dangerous "no blood" belief.

People die from following it.

Anyone else remember the May 2004 Awake that had pictures of children on that died due to their parents refusing blood on their behalf?

Enjoying freedom

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

Actually I mean the May 1994 Awake! Not 2004!

Sorry!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Check here, the hospital were searching on the web as to how to use the machine!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/146066/2642498/post.ashx#2642498

fokyc

• BrentR
    BrentR

A lawsuit would draw alot of negative attention from all over the world. There are still people that either do not reallize the JW blood doctrine or don't think they actually would take it seriousely. Sunlight is always the best sanitizer.

• Prefect
    Prefect

For anyone who has not heard of the News of the world. It is a british scandal sheet. It is full of trash. You cannot believe much what you read in that paper.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'd like to know what WTBS legal thinks of this. My first guess is that they're trying to stop it. If British courts are anything like American courts in civil matters the husban will have to take the stand, at which point, since his religious beliefs will be part of the court testimony he can be asked all sorts of things:

"What is your understanding of what blood fractions are allowed?"

"Would your wife be disfellowshipped for taking blood?"

"Ok, what it the difference between being disfellowshiped and disassociating yourself"

If they were in a US court the a representative of the WTBS could be compeled to provide official answers to those questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit