WHAT IS THE NEW GENERATION CHANGE?

by wannaexit 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome Jefferywhat!!!! Really nice little first time post venting I must say. Just to make you feel better though:

The generation change is just plain bizzare, its such a passing comment from Jesus and these guys have spent the last 11 years re thinking it!!

I don't think they can even come up with one that will make any difference as far as linking the year 1914 with the last days. What I love about your comment though is that is exactly what I have said about Jesus ILLUSTRATION about some Faithful and Discreet Slave (class...NOT). At least the generation comment came right after a direct question!!! You will see things much more clearly and feel less stress about what and how things are written soon enough if you come to terms about this special little group..........oompa

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Cheers for all the welcome!!

Its is a very personal journey for all of us. At the moment I am going through a phase of "making sure of the more important things", so bear with me.

I have gone through a few phases especially whilst studying evolutionary biology, that really threw me, now though, Im looking at the organization objectively.

There is a lot of false claims made about the WBTS, but in turn, they make a lot of false claims and I need to work through them.

I am actually going to write my first ever question from readers, the subject will deal with the claims that everyone prior to 1935 was anointed. The numbers just don't add up (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/48113/1.ashx)

Further with the change in thought as to the generation, they have opened up pandoras' box in a way, a whole new generation of Kids could get baptized and claim to be anointed and there is not doctrinal or scriptural reason now to not believe them.

Also, the numbers above do not go back to the first century, does anyone have any idea as to when the official apostasy started and how many christians were living prior to this?

Because if its more than 100K, the WBTS is way off with their belief that all pre '35 baptized witnesses were anointed.

Stay tuned.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi and welcome Jefferywhat,

I have sent to your private message box, some research about 144,000 numbers and claims made by the WBTS.

There is a lot of stuff there so you will have to put into Word and reformat it. It will be worth your time,

I have gathered it over many years, much from this forum.

take care

yesidid

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello jeffreywhat, and welcome.

Where has the religion I believed in gone?

May I presume that you were raised as a JW? If so, then what happened is that we were raised as "true believers," with all the appurtenances that accompany that environment: Conviction, purpose, and denial.

The "religion" we had was an imposed and carefully conditioned social and psychological control mechanism, oftentimes perpetuated by our parents and closest friends...we (and perhaps even they) knew nothing else, and so what we "knew" was perfectly normal.

Therefore, the "religion I [we] believed in" never existed, except as a construct of our upbringing.

• startingover
    startingover

I really enjoyed your first post on this thread, Well put Jeffreywhat!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit