WHAT IS THE NEW GENERATION CHANGE?

by wannaexit 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've been hearing much about the new generation change? WHAT IS IT?

I heard that something was revealed at the annual meeting.

wanna

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Wanna,

We've had a few threads on this. Here's one that hopefully should help you: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/144420/1.ashx

• bob1999
    bob1999

The "new light" does not seem to have any connection at all to the old light.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thanks . I'll be checking that thread Gopher.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I am new to this forum and after 11 year of pioneering and years as a servant I am on the edge. I have thought for a while that the organization was becoming too structured, too much like the religions we used to burn. And its gets worse. This "new light" is just another word reformation! The generation change is just plain bizzare, its such a passing comment from Jesus and these guys have spent the last 11 years re thinking it!! And its just a group of men as confused about it as we are yet they hang on to the myth of being "special". The thing that has really shaken me is that the old story about the anointed remnant here on earth are busy writing words of truth and sending it into bethel whereupon the GB dutifully, as the slave of the FDS, prints it! I have believed that since I was a child and to find out that the articles are suggested by CO/DO teams and then the writing committee assigns a bethelite to write and article then is signed off on by the GB!!! What happened to the FDS?? Where has the religion I believed in gone? Its been replaced by ladder climbing, in-passionate, neat haired men. Are all of the remnant just mute followers, they are meant to be in a special spiritual condition.......sons of God already! far more qualified than a CO!! Its time to start the "secret Jehovahs Witness Club"!!! Rule 1: You do not talk about THE SECRET JEHOVAHS WITNESS CLUB. Rule 2: You DO NOT alk about THE SECRET JEHOVAHS WITNESS CLUB Whos with me??

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Welcome Jeffrey ,and welcome to your personal age of understanding .......here

• marmot
    marmot

Congrats on your first steps Jeff, but you've just stepped into the rabbit hole and you have no idea how far down you'll go.

My progression went something like:

- I believe that the Watchtower has the truth, and I'll just wait for them to fix what's obviously wrong.
    - I doubt the Watchtower has the truth, but I still believe the Bible is the word of God
    - I believe the Bible is the word of God, but why are there so many passages at odds with science? And why is god so murderous?
    - I believe the book of Genesis is allegory
    - I don't believe the bible is divinely inspired
    - I don't believe there is a god actively involved in human affairs
    - I am an atheist, if there is a god I'll chat with him after I'm dead.

This doesn't mean that I'm opposed to others' views on faith, but history seems to show that people arguing over faith (specifically whose is superior) tend to end up slaughtering each other.

I still think the bible (at least portions of it) contains very valuable life lessons, but so does the Qu'ran (parts of it, obviously), the teachings of Buddha and modern science among countless others.

I wish you the best on your journey.

• observador
    observador

Hello Jeffery. Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to share with us more of your JW life, if you so wish.

We all go through several phases similar to those marmot went through.

Observador.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Oh, goodness new light hurry hurry one and all we must go and roll into a little ball, shiver and shake stand on your heads and clap your feet, new light new light we shall not fight the wondrous sayings of the big GB, anything they say we heed like scared mice, hustle bustle to and fro to our meetings we must go.

• justhuman
    justhuman

wait for the "light" and you will find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit