UN/WTBS - WTBS answer to all JWs

by beroea 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi beroea,

Is there a way that you can scan the letter you got and post it? Maybe even have it certified or something so there will be no question as to it's authenticity?

The letter that Mr. Bates of the Gaurdian received was in E-Mail form, and I'm sure that some of the JW's out there can say "It's an apostate that hacked into the email" or something..

But if you received an actaul HardCopy, that would be very damming evidence that is the official line from the GB..

Thanks,

Wannahelp

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Norm:

You said:

Although the original idea might be to get a library card they quickly discovered that the NGO status gave them access to all kinds of political lobbying all over the world.

This "bolded" assertion, first made by Maximus here on JWcom, then by the WTS-London, and now you does NOT stand up to the evidence.

I still have vague recollection of numerous UN quotes and UN photos appearing in the various WTS Pubs, especially the AWAKE!, during the 1960s, 70s, and 80s. Take a gander at the Pub Index for these decades and see that the WTS had access to all the quotes, photos, etc they needed to write their articles. The only benefit that direct access to UN materials would have given them was to increase the quality and quantity of articles speaking positively about the UN.

NO!!! The "political angle" was their "original intent". The "tone" of UN related articles had already started to change by 1989. AIDAFRIQUE had already been planned and set in motion by the time the NGO App was filed.

I suspect that one of Max's WTS contacts has convinced him that this was merely a moronic slip-up by Lloyd Barry and CiroA, and he is spreading this idea behind the scenes with some of the xjw community.

Why are you guys giving the WTS this edge, especially when their assertion isn't even logical, and the evidence is against such?

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Mad said

"NO!!! The "political angle" was their "original intent". The "tone" of UN related articles had already started to change by 1989. "

Are you saying that the Awake! articles putting "postive" light on the UN started before they became a UN NGO?

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Yes. I believe someone earlier posted a WT or AW article from 1989 in which you could tell that the agenda/tone was already changing. Keep in mind that AIDAFRIQUE was legally setup in France sometime in 1991, which means that the plans had been in the works for some unknown period of time prior to 1991. The UN-NGO App was also filed in 1991.

Obviously, noone but WTS insiders know the actual timetable, but it appears that the WTS had estblished definite goals sometime in the late 80s, at least a couple years prior to the NGO App.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Mad said:

"Obviously, noone but WTS insiders know the actual timetable, but it appears that the WTS had estblished definite goals sometime in the late 80s, at
    least a couple years prior to the NGO App. "

Ahh, a hidden agenda, unpublished and secret actions taken behind closed doors..

Sounds like the strategy you'd hear from a BIG corporation, maybe a big "printing" company ??? <G>

Of course, they do have a very complelling slogan for their company:

"We publish only the truth, as per exclusive contract by Jehovah God himself, while our competition puts in print the lies of Satan"

• anewperson
    anewperson

As far back as 1968 the UN said to be a Non-Government Organization with it required supporting it (not God) as the main source for world peace, and the Watchtower Society (WTS) application for NGO status in 1991 required this also. This was not just an application to use a UN library, and also they had to reapply every year from 1991 to October 2001 when they quit after soundly exposed. Governing Body member Lloyd Barry himself signed the application, not a low-ranking Bethelite doing library research. This latest WTS ploy is another disaster for them. They can not openly admit that they sinned.

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

"As soon as we were aware of that demand our membership and NGO was cancelled and the writers ID-card was returned."

Having seen the Guardian email post, it is all the more clear that Boroea's translation is imperfect, though of course appreciated. But I still believe we can see implications in what I quote above.

Note that they did not say, "As soon as we were aware of that demand, WE CANCELLED our membership..." No, the passive voice was used. Did the command say, "let it pass that you are no longer inside of her"? NO! "Get out of her!" In Awake life stories people proclaim "I got out of her!" So what might the passive voice mean? Let me translate between the lines:

"As soon as we were aware [that Witnesses knew] of that demand our membership and NGO was cancelled [by the action of the U.N. DPI, which was disgusted to learn what we had said about the U.N.] and the writers ID-card was returned."

That's one possibility, and a strong one given the lie about signing anything, since even now the Lloyd Barry app is likely being dug up.

Of course, if we take them at their word entirely, then for most of us our baptism in Watchtowerism as minors allows us to exit the organization when any changes occur that we do not conscienciously agree with, which happens all the time - e.g. THEY tell you for whom you are ALLOWED to pray. Naturally, such disassociation should not bear any negative consequences, no?

Bodhisattva

• beroea
    beroea

Dear Wannahelp

Sorry but I’m unable to meet your propose. To dangerous for the time being. I’m from a small country.

beroea

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi beroea,

I understand.. And thanks for letting us know what they said.. It is interesting that they chose such a flimsy excuse for this one.. But, then again, considering what they did, they don't have much to stand on anyway, so I guess flimsy in their eyes is better than admitting guilt!!!!

- Wannahelp

• Norm
    Norm

Hi MadApostate,

You said:

Why are you guys giving the WTS this edge, especially when their assertion isn't even logical, and the evidence is against such?

You might be right that the political angle was what they were looking for, your guess is as good as mine.

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit