homosexuals and JWs

by solidergirl 67 Replies latest jw friends

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

I have no problem being around gay people. But bring it up a car group and OMG its like the number 1 sin in the world. It got to point where I wanted to stand up for them. I mean its not like their trying to fuck you its just that their attracted to the same sex for whatever reason. Why all this judging of diffrent people that didn't have a chance to get to know "the truth" Isnt your job to teach them. Whats ya viewpoint.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

My viewpoint is that if you respect people then they will respect you. I may not agree with their lifestyle, but it their life. We are not to judge, but JW's seem to be the most judgemental.

• Gopher
    Gopher

JW literature teaches that homosexuality is not something you're born with, but rather that it's "learned behavior". That mimics other conservative Christian groups. They're in the same boat as those other religions.

Science is confirming what homosexuals knew all along, it's something you're born with. Homosexual people no more choose their preference than heterosexual people do.

There's no way to get JW's to change on this. They're going to go against science and keep quoting a dusty milleniums-old book to prove that God (who supposedly created everybody, and so would have included the possibility of homosexuality in his creation) hates homosexuality.

If JW's were involved in politics, they'd be campaigning for anti-gay-marriage amendments.

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

There was a 'young people ask' article this year or last year. Can't remember. But the article said homosexuality may or may not be genetic; no one knows for sure. Awake was not going to 'join the debate'. But the bible prohibits it, so you must find a way to suppress it.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Gays? Round the lot of them up into a field and bomb the bastards! LOL. Supressing my sexual desires as a teen led to me being like a wee wound up, randy terrier. For others it has much more detrimental effects. Just ask the alter boys of the disgusting catholic religion. Filth!

• feenx
    feenx

Great point Gopher!!

So going along with that train of thought....Since the FS does not categorically deny the chance that homosexuality could be genitical, then their stance is that it is just as likely to be gentical as it is not to be genitical, 50/50. If that's the case, then they are admitting there's a good chance that it is genitics, in which case it is a natural human phenomenon. And if it is a natural human thing, isnt there the chance that those Bible writers, being somewhat ignorant in those times, took the actions of homosexual people in that time period as a sign of their "wickedness" simply because those who were open with it were from pagan nations? Could it be that their understanding of human creation, as made by "Jehovah" himself, was inaccurate at the time those words were written? Does it really make sense for a human being, with the same emotions and spirituality as a hetereosexual, to supress his God given desires simply to appease ancient opinions based on ignorance?

If the tables were turned and we as heteros were on the less common side of genetics, than we in turn would be the ones that were unholy based on the Bible for our desires to be with the opposite sex. How can any active Witness, who's purpose it is to proclaim "Jehovah's" love, truly tell someone to supress their natural tendancies? Do you honestly believe any homosexual simply woke up one day and said to themselves "I'm tired of the opposite sex, I'm going to be gay?" I think not.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

This should be interesting.

Makes popcorn ... pulls up footstool ...

Just when I thought things were terribly boring ... ;)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Grassyknoll,

There was a 'young people ask' article this year or last year. Can't remember. But the article said homosexuality may or may not be genetic; no one knows for sure. Awake was not going to 'join the debate'.

Thanks for that update. I was speaking based on what I had read in the 70s thru the 90s as a JW. The literature at that time sure said homosexuality could be unlearned.

But the bible prohibits it, so you must find a way to suppress it.

Um, that's not what this topic is about. The topic is about JW intolerance towards homosexual individuals. Can people hold a belief without being cruel or bigoted? In the first poster's experience, JW's cannot.

• avishai
    avishai
    There was a 'young people ask' article this year or last year. Can't remember. But the article said homosexuality may or may not be genetic; no one knows for sure. Awake was not going to 'join the debate'. But the bible prohibits it, so you must find a way to suppress it.

The bible prohibits slander and gossip in the same paragraph, but you don't see many JW's, ('specially elders wives) trying to supress that, do you? Or people talking about it like it's just as bad!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

. Whats ya viewpoint.

I think the bible was written by priest who want to live off your 10%. I think homosexuals probably like to have sex more often than hetrosexual and the priest would rather have you out working instead of enjoying yourself. The more you make the bigger the pot that the 10% is comming out of. Plus homosexuals probably dont have as many kids as hetrosexuals and the priest want as many workers as possible. Thats the same reason the priest are against abortion. But once your grown they have no problem blessing you and sending you off to war as long as you cast some seed before you go. Cast your seed hetrosexually that is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit