Sensitive Child

by Bobbi 21 Replies latest social family

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

SO... my condo complex is getting some badly needed new lighting. Finally, the tall new lights are installed and they are removing the much shorter older lights. They left them laid on the ground for a few hours while they dug up the old bases.

I picked my kids up at school for lunch and when we got home the 7 year old and the 2 year old check out the holes and inspect the old lights then head inside. I am holding the door open, waiting for Child #2 and I realize he isn't coming.

He is standing over the old light crying his eyes out!!!

he says "But I like the little lights" "please dont' let them take the little lights!!!"

How on earth do I console a child who is crying of a hunk of glass and metal?

GOOD GRIEF!! if I was this sensitive when I was little no wonder my Mother got so worn out dealing with me.

Bobbi

PS: I gave him a hug and bribed him with food to get him in the house.

• BFD
    BFD

Awwwwwww. I wonder why he likes the old lights so much?

BFD

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Tell him a story that the new lights are going to a little home where the poor children there have no lights at all, and that the little lights he loves will make these kids so happy. Then ask him if he wants to make the little kids with no lights happy? Chances are something like that will work.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

He doesnt' handle change well. This summer Para was showing him some bugs and he was very upset we had to leave them behind.
    He just seems to take things so personally.

This is the kid who have more stuffed animals and special blankets in his bed than I have ever seen.
    I am starting to wonder if he have anxiety problems. He goes to school and never cries when I leave.
    He spends time at my best friends house with out trouble. His teacher says he participates and plays
    with other children.

Must just be him, I just get so taken off guard sometimes by how hard he takes things.

Bobbi

• free2think
    free2think

Awww poor thing, and so sweet.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

That is toooooo cute! I was pretty sensitive also.....crying when I saw ANY dead animal.....feeling bad when I even steppen on an ant! Maybe you can "rescue" part of the light (if there is any part of it that is not dangerous) and put it in a box for him. It will be a good story for when he gets older at least! ((((((((((((((((#2Parabob))))))))))))))))

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Good idea Sweets, but with my luck he would want the poor kids to come live with us.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Holler at him "Git in the damned house 'for I tan y'ur hide boy!"

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Good idea Sweets, but with my luck he would want the poor kids to come live with us.

LOL, that's when you tell him that they live next to a forest they take care of and would be heartbroken to leave it behind. He might wanna go live with them though then.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Ok Sweets , you just have to come live with us.

JD, could you yell at this sweet little boy...

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit