Most Witnesses Don't Know the "Current Truth" on Matthew 5:5!

by deaconbluez 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Now that interpretation is just plain nuts. Isaac

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

How is this current truth if its based on literature back from the 50's and 70's.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

From my experience in the tower i have noticed how alot people especially the elders will still use old light for awhile until the new lights drummed into them.Its like they cant adjust and keep up with the towers reinterpretation of things.For example i have learnt how the " generation " teaching was changed in 1995 so it could no longer mean the generation that saw 1914 would see the end.But when i came into the tower in 1999 i was taught by others for years that this generation that saw 1914 would see the end and it would end before they die.

• oompa
    oompa

Did nobody see this? Any questions about it????? I repeat:

Calm down everyone and don't get too excited about this explantation, as it is only part of the story. Deacon has done a good job of finding these points about Jesus and the 144kkk but this explanation is IN ADDITION to the OBVIOUS understanding and explanation that everyone on earth seems to know.

Note the comment Deacon sited in the 1959 Watchtower quote:

"Hence Matthew 5:5 does not strictly apply to the "other sheep.""

See guys, the common man (other sheep) was already the understanding and still is.. This NEW LIGHT was going beyond the common and putting Jesus and the heavenly ones as inheriting the earth too, in that they rule over it....NBD really.....oompa

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

oompa, I'm not able to find any connection in their literature of Matthew 5:5 with the "great crowd" inheriting the earth. Only Psalm 37:11 is used. So I really do think that this is their official teaching on that verse, but its just rarely explored.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Oompa, I agree with Deaconbluez. In reviewing the cd-rom, I can't find a single instance of Matt. 5:5 being applied to the great crowd.

• justhuman
    justhuman

what is current truth?

• oompa
    oompa
    Gopher:

Yeah JT -- that's tricky. They use Psalms 37:11 to define a paradise hope, but then Matthew 5:5 (which sounds almost identical) to define part of the heavenly hope.

They get away with it because Psalms 37:11 says "possess" instead of inherit. So if you "possess" it, it doesn't mean you're an heir. So the "anointed ones' inherit it, but then somehow don't "possess" it because that's what the great crowd does.

I think WAAAAYYYYY to much emphasis is being put on the word "inherit" here. Good, meek humans, get the paradise earth after armagadon, the resurrected ones get it too....they possess it, inherit it...whatever....so the 144000 say they get it too....so what? What is the deal here....I only wish it was all true!........oompa

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Can you present any WTBTS quotes in which they apply Matt.5:5 to the great crowd?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I now have the opportunity to go back and systematically review the cd-rom for Matt. 5:5. It appears they now may be linking Psalms 37 :29 to Matthew. But I can't find one incident of them linking Ps. 37:11 to Matthew 5:5.

w0010/15pp.17-18par.8WhatGod’sKingdomWillDo***

Summing up the grand hope for those who want to live forever on earth, Jesus said: "Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5) Likely he was referring to Psalm 37:29, which foretold: "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." Jesus knew that it was Jehovah’s purpose to have righthearted ones live on a paradise earth forever. Jehovah says: "I myself have made the earth, mankind and the beasts that are upon the surface of the earth by my great power . . . , and I have given it to whom it has proved right in my eyes."—Jeremiah 27:5.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit