Most Witnesses Don't Know the "Current Truth" on Matthew 5:5!

by deaconbluez 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Calm down everyone and don't get too excited about this explantation, as it is only part of the story. Deacon has done a good job of finding these points about Jesus and the 144kkk but this explanation is IN ADDITION to the OBVIOUS understanding and explanation that everyone on earth seems to know.

Note the comment Deacon sited in the 1959 Watchtower quote:

"Hence Matthew 5:5 does not strictly apply to the "other sheep.""

See guys, the common man (other sheep) was already the understanding and still is.. This NEW LIGHT was going beyond the common and putting Jesus and the heavenly ones as inheriting the earth too, in that they rule over it....NBD really.....oompa

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I really thought that the Other Sheep becoming non-sequitors (having no direct relationship with God, not inheriting the Earth) would finally send my dad over to the Land of the Sane...his ego would certainly not allow him to have to pray to God through the FDS! But, no...still sucking on the teat of spoiled milk...

It was when I heard the "new light" that the Other Sheep needed the papacy of the FDS for a relationship with God that some inner withholding deep inside me that I didn't even know was there finally splintered. All through the 60's and 70's it was "personal relationship with Jehovah"-this and "standing before Jehovah"-that. And then to find out they had tried to usurp that relationship by demanding that only they could come to God through Jesus?? That crucked me even within my own faulty subconscious belief system!

Hmm...am I sounding bitter?

I guess I could see myself passing until they finally came out and said the Other Sheep are nothing more than invited to support the "real" followers of Christ.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

WOW! The anointed truly are incorrigibly self-centered. They can't even share a little scripture like that with the sheep they so love to beat.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Deaconblues...I thought you had to be mistaken, and that the understanding must have changed. Unfortunately, you are not.

it-1p.1201Inheritance***

Christian

Inheritance. Jesus Christ, as the son of David, inherits the throne of David. (Isa 9:7; Lu 1:32) As the Son of God, he inherits heavenly kingship through the covenant Jehovah made with him. (Ps 110:4; Lu 22:28-30) Christ, therefore, inherits the nations, to break to pieces all opposers and to rule forever.—Ps 2:6-9.

The anointed members of the Christian congregation are spoken of as having a heavenly inheritance, sharing Jesus’ inheritance as his "brothers." (Eph 1:14; Col 1:12; 1Pe 1:4, 5) This includes the earth.—Mt 5:5.

• Gopher
    Gopher

That's right, JT. Only the "anointed ones" are "heirs" to God's Kingdom and all it encompasses, including planet earth. Only "heirs" get the inheritance.

The "great crowd" are just the household servants. They inherit nothing. Heck, they should just be grateful to draw oxygen.

• R.F.
    R.F.

The "great crowd" are just the household servants. They inherit nothing. Heck, they should just be grateful to draw oxygen.

Knowing the FDS, they would place restrictions on how much oxygen one person could use.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OH THAT MAKES ME SO MAD!

Matt. 5:5 and Psalm 37:11 – given the "earthly paradise" interpretation – was the bait that got me into the jaydubs in the first place! And I loved Insight on the Scriptures when it came out, and I completely missed this one!

In retrospect, though, given the early date on your last citation, it looks like this is another case of "strobing" light.

Dammit.

gently feral

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Do you think they are "revising" their understanding?

w0312/1pp.13-14par.20"TakeExquisiteDelightinJehovah"***

Then, "the meek ones themselves will possess the earth." (Psalm 37:11a) But who are these "meek ones"? The word translated "meek" comes from a root word meaning "afflict, humble, humiliate." Yes, "the meek ones" are those who humbly wait on Jehovah to right all the injustices inflicted upon them. "They will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." (Psalm 37:11b) Even now we find an abundance of peace in the spiritual paradise associated with the true Christian congregation.

*********Never mind. I just noticed that in this article, they switched scriptures in this paragraph's application to Ps. 37:11 Very, very tricky!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yeah JT -- that's tricky. They use Psalms 37:11 to define a paradise hope, but then Matthew 5:5 (which sounds almost identical) to define part of the heavenly hope.

They get away with it because Psalms 37:11 says "possess" instead of inherit. So if you "possess" it, it doesn't mean you're an heir. So the "anointed ones' inherit it, but then somehow don't "possess" it because that's what the great crowd does.

I'm trying to bend it and flip it over and look at it up close, and I still can't make sense of their teaching! AAARRRGGGHHH.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

And here I thought possession was 9/10 of the law. Apparently, that other 1/10 is very, very important...like the 10th of the mint important. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit