Do you find the Jan 15-08 WT disturbing?

by cultswatter 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I have now read the Jan 15-08 about 3 times. Every time that I do, I get madder and madder. Here are some things that I find disturbing

1. The WTS commands the R&F to preach the word

Each minister of God must make known the lifesaving message found in God's word

2. The WTS promotes Kevin and Elena as pathetic publishers who quit their jobs, sold their home and went pioneering

3.The WTS promotes Marc and Paula as pathetic publishers who quit their jobs and went pioneering

4.The WTS promotes Amy as a pathetic publisher who quit her job and went pioneering

The WTS does not give a rat's ass if you quit your job and end up first in line at the food bank on wednesday

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Wow you read it 3 times! You actually are showing more zealous than most of the good ol' witnesses that are in. I stopped reading anything that deals with their crap once I left. Why bother?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Most JW's find it disturbing, too.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

R6,

Once again, you didn't have the experience many of us had. Cutting ties and losing concern is easier when you weren't very invested to begin with. My wife is still a JW, it matters to me that I know what they are pumping into her head on a weekly basis. Is that odd to you? If so, why?

—AuldSoul

• BFD
    BFD

Why torture yourself by reading that drivel three times over? I only got through the first couple of paragraphs. I have not read that crap in about ten years and it literally made me sick.

It's maddening to think that this cult survives yet it is so insignificant in the grand scheme.

Meanwhile families get ripped apart. I guess that's my problem.

BFD

• dinah
    dinah

What crap. I've not been blessed with a copy yet.

As long as they have that revolving door, all the preaching in the world won't pump up the numbers.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Auldsoul, For your information I did cut ties and still have family in. My mother is still in and so are other family members. I didn't read any of the publications to begin with and wouldn't waste my time reading it just because a family member is in. To me it seems to make matters worse and a complete waste of time.

• skeeder
    skeeder

I find every issue disturbing.

The WT study a few weeks ago gave a wonderful example of somebody who quit a good job and started selling ice cream from a cart on the street. The writers really live in another world of make believe.

S

• Quentin
    Quentin

Why get mad...I've been gone from that sinkhole thrity years...same message...get out , bang doors, give up everything to the society...

What amazes me is the ones who stay after going over the same drivel day in, day out...going down a road that never ends to nowhere...

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

My aunt sends me copies occasionally and I can't get through them!!! I usually get upset reading the 1st page! LOL!!!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit