Evolution

by B_Deserter 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Trygon
    Trygon

I believe in both Evolution and God. Evolution is logic and proven by solid and heavy evidence. Any museum visit will tell you that. But life has to start somewhere. The Universe had to start somewhere. And its only logical that there was a trigger to start all of this. That trigger being God, in my opinion. Tis all down to logical thinking at the end of the day. One must remember that alot of the Bible is symbolic.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Welcome Trygon,

2 questions.

1. What started God?

2. If there was a creator, why must it automatically be the god of the Bible and not any of the other 3000 gods, or perhaps a deist god, or maybe even a universe making pixie?

• Trygon
    Trygon

Hey, I am Christian. Its what I believe.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I'm not sure of your background, but if you were a JW and you'd said 'Hey I'm a JW, it's what I believe' you never would have questioned that either. But aren't you glad you did?

• Trygon
    Trygon

I am not a JW at all. I think that the JW and the WS damage the Christian faith and should be brought to a close as soon as possible. They cause people to turn from Christianity all together and lose faith. They promote all the wrong messages and completely got the Bible all wrong. Calling me a JW is almost a insult.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    God created monkey-fish-frogs afterall. You see them all over the place.

Ahh I see what you did there! Unfortunately adding the monkey bit makes it a strawman.

Nice try, but in the words of another theist, FAIL!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

There are two "Creation" accounts in the first chapters of Genesis. The first was written by the Elohists (God = El) and the second was written by the Yahwists. So YHWH does not come into the scene in the first account.

The people who wrote the stories were addressing local understandings and countering their contemporary idolatrous neighbors, who worshiped animals, rocks, the sun and the moon, stars, and so on. This story says that their "gods" were created by the One True God.

They would be surprised to see the framework of their stories being taken as literal fact. How much did they know about dinosaurs or pterodactyls?

Doug

• justhuman
    justhuman

There is nothing wrong with evolution. If God decided to create the universe through an evolution proccess is something that we cannot argue. Because evolution it is a fact

For the Orthodox Christian faith it does not matter if God chose this way to create us. We let the scientists explain to us how we involved here. The Church deals with the spiritual matters of humans, the purification of the soul, and to immitate Christ

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I keep fish for a hobby, and have wanted for a long time to have three tanks, side by side. In the first tank would be an African Bicher (pronounced biker), a lobe-finned fish which resembles a small coelocanth. They are often observed to use their fins to walk on the bottom, and especially to maneuver in dense vegetation. They also have a simple lung, and sometimes rise to the surface to gulp air. In the second tank would be a mudskipper. In the third tank would be a newt or axolotl.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You say tomayto I say tomaato! And the one who gives a shit is the one causing all the worlds problems!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit