HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE NOV WT COVER!!

by Mary 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Look slave kiss my foot or I'll vaporize you !

What no foot massage I payed a whole Darian for this !

How about a little scrap on those calluses, I've been walking on nothing but stones for last 40 years ?

• AllTimeJeff
  • AllTimeJeff
  • knock knock
    knock knock

Ok, I know I'm thinking out of the box here...

alt

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

On a serious note, what was the "point" of this Watchtower?

I ask becuase I heard a "regular" Christian sermon at North Point Community Church in Alpharetta, Georgia on this scene. It was about how God wants us to handle power. Jesus was the most powerful person in the room. Yet, he was not above washing the apostle's feet. This would have been a job for a slave, a servant, or the lowest person in the room. The greatest thing a person of power can do is to "power down". In "powering down" you give a great witness.

The preacher ended his sermon with a snipet about George Washington. After he was President, America loved him very much. America wanted to do away with the Constitution, and have George Washington as a life-time president (similar to the King). George Washington refused to do this. George Washington gave up his power, as he thought the Constitution was right to have a change in power mandated. The King of England, at the time, commented that George Washington was the greatest man on the earth at that time.

The sermon's series went on to talk about Ponchas Pilot (? spelling). How he was the most powerful person as he decided the fate of Jesus. Jesus and Pilot sat down for a talk. Jesus told Ponchas that Ponchas power was derived in Heaven. What Jesus did not say explicitely, was that as Ponchas power came from Heaven, Heaven could also take it away. Heaven did take it away, as Ponchas was stripped of all power. History shows that he died as a jailed inmate in what is now modern day France.

The point of this sermon was that each of us have power. Whether we are mothers, fathers, teachers, bosses, etc. We can use our power to serve others, or we can use our power to "beat them up". If we use our power wrongly, we do not give a good witness. Anyway, if you are interested in the sermon, it can be found at http://www.northpoint.org/messages They have a free audio's - and it's a series on power given in late March of this year.

Somehow, I don't think the Society's article was the same as this sermon. My guess is that Jesus served the apostles, just as he serves the Organization today.....

Skeeter

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

"I told her its no different touching it with her foot than with her hand, what's the big deal?"

CHRISTIAN WIVES, DO YOU RENDER YOUR DUE?

• Elsewhere
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

alt

This was fun! I'll stop now....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Here's my bit of fluff

"Like the Apostles, Pioneers and Publishers Need Foot Care"

or...

"Watchtower Society Partners with Avon to sell Skin-So-Soft and Foot Care Products Door-to-Door"

• Mary
    Mary
    skeeter asked: On a serious note, what was the "point" of this Watchtower?

This particular Craptower is loaded......I was going to do a summary but I'm getting tired so I'll have to do it another time. But in a nutshell, the topics include: "The Challenge of Humilty", "Clothe Yourselves with Lowliness of Mind" An article called "the Silver is mine and the Gold is mine" which is talking about leaving everything to the WTS, then there's the actual Craptower study called "The World of Jehovah Never Fails" and "Searching Into the Deep Things of God". Basically, the entire magazine is what everyone else except the Governing Body, should be doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit