My first year at JWD!

by kifoy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• kifoy
    kifoy

Wow! I've been here a year already! Can you imagine?

It took about three months of reading before my first post, and although I can't at all keep up with the turbo posters that post over a thousand their first month or so, at least I made it to Junior Member before I reached my first anniversary :-)

I've grown a lot this year, so much that I think I can say that I'm finally free, and that the org. has no power over me any more. Thinking about the past don't make me sad nor mad. I just shake my head in disbelief sometimes, thinking about all the crazy things one used to take for granted without a single question.

I love to read about all the scandals and the self-centred elders that have haunted so many of you. Not because I enjoy your suffering, but more the feeling that I have done the right thing, and glad four you all that you managed to brake out.

I never was scared of Armageddon. After I left, even when I still had it in me that it was the truth (I would rather not think about it back then), I said to myself: "If the JWs don't have the truth, I'm OK. If the JWs have the truth, I will die in Armageddon, but then if the JWs have the truth, I won't feel a thing being dead, so that will also be OK."

My biggest hopes for the future, would be for my family to understand how things really are. Especially my parents and my grandmother. I have not seen my grandmother in 6 years, and she will be 80 next year... She have at least had two chances of seeing me, but turned me down. How sad. I almost feel like crying when thinking about her.

[Edit: My grandmother turns 90 next year, not 80. Even grater risk of me never seing her again :-( ]

So thanks for being here. You are one of a kind! And I'm really happy to have found you.

Big hugs to all of you from little me,
    kifoy

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Isn't it great here?

Momzcrazy

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

happy aniversary

• Gopher
    Gopher

Happy JWD anniversary Ms. Kifoy!! I am so glad you found this board. This is the best discussion board for recovering from the effects of JW-ism. It helps us know we are not alone in our post-JW adjustment to life. Seeing how others here have grown in various ways is truly an inspiration.

I lost a JW grandmother last year, although thankfully she didn't shun me. My other JW grandmother and parents do avoid me, in a vain hope that such shunning will make me long to return to their organization. It's so delusional. Actually their avoidance is pushing me further away from the organization.

Now that you've been here a year, you're in a position to help others successfully navigate the waters that you have just gone through.

• bite me
    bite me

Happy Birthday to your Anniversary of 1 year mark here on the boards. I have a way to go yet! I'm glad I'm not one of those turbo posters...yet. lol.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Congratulations, and thanks for your story. I have totally moved on, except for one thing - very similar to what you have said - how does a person shake to sadness of having family trapped by the Watchtower cult mentality? I still play over and over what I could say for reality to sink in - if my family ever give me a chance to talk to them about it. All the best with your freedom.

• kifoy
    kifoy

Thanks!

Now that you've been here a year, you're in a position to help others successfully navigate the waters that you have just gone through.

Well, my English is not that good, so I need a lot of time to think things through and write the post with my dictionary at hand. And before I'm done with that, all you other folks have posted :-)

And I usually don't post unless I feel I have something to contribute with.

kifoy

• Gopher
    Gopher
    my English is not that good,

Your English sounds really good to me! I would have had no idea it wasn't your first language until you said so.

In any case, it's good to have you aboard!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Congrats!

Happy JWD Anniversary!

• ChelseaScott
    ChelseaScott

I feel I should applaud you on being an ex-JW. So happy ex- JW! May your life be full and successful without the lies of the WT religion.

And ofcourse... Happy 1 year here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit