Another One of my Friends Died this morning

by Undecided 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I guess I will have to just expect to handle death day by day. I just hope I can last a few more good years. We went to the coast together a few years ago and had a great time, my brother was also good friends with him also and went with us. Cancer kills so many of us. I hope I can stay clear of it in my old age.

Ken P.

• bite me
    bite me

I'm sorry for your lost. My prayers and thoughts are with you and their family.

(I can say that right?) And not offend anyone?

I lost a friend almost two weeks ago. It's hard to say good bye. I still feel like he's not gone yet though. I think it takes time to get use to .

• garybuss
    garybuss

The guy who waited on me this morning at the home center was 81. He helped me round up a new mailbox to sit beside the sign that Ron Frye painted for me at the end of my driveway.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I'm sorry for your loss Ken. You're right; cancer is a scourge.

Justitia

• erynw
    erynw

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending good thoughts your way.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

KenP

Love you man.

My moms dad has lung cancer. Never smoked a day in his life. It has masticized.

Live well, die well.

It is all we can do.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Sorry to hear it, hope they lived a good life. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

• Tara
    Tara

That is sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. I bet you have lots of good memories of your time spent together.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My condolences.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Ken,

So sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a good friend. I don't know how you feel, but I believe that those of us who die go to be with Jesus. My husband is 81 and I am 76 and as you get older you think more about death and that someday one of us will be alone. It gives me peace to believe that we will not be in any pain and we will be happy. Though we may not have any physical evidence that God exists, I feel that he has guided my life over the years, even as a JW. I believe that God reads our heart and knows who loves him regardless of our religion or lack thereof.

With love and hugs,

Velta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit