I need a VACATION

by Uzzah 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yes, but if Mary and I went with you, how much of a break would YOU get???

You'd have to have a vacation from your vacation!

BB

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Dayyummm!!! Now that actually put a smile on my face! And you know .... I do have another 4 weeks acrrued vacation so its all good!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Uzzah, I hear you, my dear fellow.

Too much drama (sometimes self-inflicted)...but sometimes simply looking at the morning sun coming up through dew-laden trees, and the smell of fresh coffee in the air, and the lapping of the waves on the beach: simplicity is good.

Enjoy your vacation, dude.

Craig

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Thanks Craig. I like the imagery of an open field and coming across a fresh water creek meandering tis way through the fields along the edge of a dark green forest. The sound of the water as it makes its way downstream and the splashing sound as I hold certain people's heads (my boss, some of my direct reports, etc) under water for a moment, before releasing them leaving them drenched and sputtering and calmly walking away.

ahhhh stress relief!!

• zagor
    zagor
    Ever get to that point, where you want to throw your hands up and say SCREW IT? I'm tired, overworked, stressed and need a break.

LOL, I know what you mean. I'm doing it myself right now. A friend and I are going to New Caledonia this weekend. She's got family there too so I have to say unashamedly that most of that will be free :D.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    The sound of the water as it makes its way downstream and the splashing sound as I hold certain people's heads (my boss, some of my direct reports, etc) under water for a moment, before releasing them leaving them drenched and sputtering and calmly walking away.

LOL! I have that same vision.

• Mary
    Mary
    Uzzah said: Well the offer is still there for you and Mary to join me.

I just realized, I don't have a passport either......Guess I better get one one of these days. Sorry Uzzah----looks like you're on your own!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Well Cuba is off I was hoping to find an alternate to attend a conference and do a presentation on my behalf so I could take off on vacation but they have bailed on me. So I am travelling but for work.

Friday I head to Reno for a week or so. Good news is I have three days at the end to explore. So I am either going to hit San Fran or the Grand Canyon (and Area 51) but either way end up in Vegas for my flight home.

Any recommendations from locals or people that have been to these places? Which would you recommend and why? Also what is the 'must sees' in Vegas? I have a room with two queen beds so if anyone wants free accommodations in Reno for a couple of days, let me know. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit