Well my hopes are shot to h***...

by momzcrazy 14 Replies latest social family

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

When my mom-in-law wanted copies of the research I had done, I naiively hoped that because she has always harbored doubts she would respond positively. NO!

They came to dinner last night. She told me she is upset that I am so hurt and upset. I asked her what gave her that idea, I am so happy her son jokingly says I'm on uppers!

Then she told me she found out that the reason blood fractions are allowed is because they are synthetic. Not so, but I'll let that one lie.

She asked me if I lived in Jesus' day and I had doubts, would I ask Judas or Jesus? Cute one, huh? I guess y'all are Judas. I told her I asked GOD and read his Bible. And I feel completely sure about my decision.

And then... GUILT "What about your Grandma, she worked so hard to come back to Jehovah. Couldn't you just hold on until the paradise?" Well that did it. I told her if I thought my decision meant my kids would die, I would fake it for their sake, just so they could live. Do you really think I want my kids to die? I told her I did not think you had to be a "JW" to be saved. For all she knows my dad and grandma are in heaven waiting for us! That was when my husband broke it up.

Whew, thanks for letting me get it out!

momzcrazy

• dawg
    dawg

Either I'm psysic or I've read this before.... which is it?

• Fleur
    Fleur

(((((((momz))))))))))

they really know how to push the buttons don't they?

sorry you have to deal with this.

hugs

essie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I know dawg, it's a rerun. But if you don't have hope...

I'm going to have to tell her we'll agree to disagree, after 16 yrs it will be nothing new.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

This sounds like a conversation I would have with my family if they would speak to me!

I am still laughing about this:

For all she knows my dad and grandma are in heaven waiting for us! That was when my husband broke it up.

ROFLMAO!!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Unfortunately my husband has broke up many arguements in all these years..

• dawg
    dawg

I'm just glad my mind isn't slipping...

• Gregor
    Gregor

Your mother in law is not unique in this kind of JW reasoning. It makes it very clear that it is the WTS that is being worshipped, not big J who is supposed to be able to read your innermost heart and mind. "Just fake your belief until the thing you don't believe in comes to pass" Unbelieveable. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Can I play?

She asked me if I lived in Jesus' day and I had doubts, would I ask Judas or Jesus?

Let's rephrase this: If you had doubts about the Pharisees, why not ask an ex-Pharisee named Paul? He'd been there, and done that!

I'm going to have to tell her we'll agree to disagree, after 16 yrs it will be nothing new.

That's the point I've reached with my dad, a loyal JW for 55 years and an elder for 34 years.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

The fact that you've been able to even discuss any of this with her is a good sign. You never know, give her time to think and process things. It's been my experience whenever trying to talk to anyone still in, they have a "shut off switch" automatically when you mention anything that doesn't support their beliefs 100%.
    Agree to disagree but stand your ground and you never know, she may eventually be more open to discussing more with you once she's had some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit