I know I'm slow, but help me out on this new 144k thing-ie

by dawg 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dawg
    dawg

OK, so the May 1st WT says that elders aren't to question anyone who partakes. But many of you have posted that they are about to rule change about the 144K... Haven't they already changed the dogma if elders can't question... doesn't that mean anyone can partake? So what changes are going to occur that are more shocking then the generation of 1935 thing and whatnot?

THe reason this is so important to me is becasue the last letter to my family, I said that the GB would likely make more changes as the years roll on and people figure out what a sham it all is. I actully said that the 144K had no scriptual backing (I've just read the Revelation book and they don't give backing form this dogma) that means that the HS is the one that has directed them to the great crowd thing and the 144K separation thing.

Please be paitent, I've been out for 17 years and can't remember all the dogma,

ONe last thing, James 5 says that all sould partake of the meal in order to obtain everlasting life... what scripture evidence does the GB give that shows all souldn't partake.

• dawg
    dawg

I guess all of you are as confused as i am.

• Gopher
    Gopher

From what I've read, the article only gave directions to scrutinze "newly converted" JW's, because they weren't tried and tested as to their loyalty to the Watchtower organization Jehovah.

I don't know how many long-in-the-Borg drones will read between the lines and realize that it's okay to declare the heavenly hope.

Nobody can prove anything about Revelation, of course it's all up to interpretation. John had some joy juice or wacky tobaccky, and wrote down some weird visions. How can anything be proved off of that, LOL.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I guess all of you are as confused as i am.

Yes. They seem to be releasing the details in February or so in the WT.
    All we have is the Annual meeting. The same article that said the door
    wasn't closed and allowed anyone who thinks they should partake to go
    ahead, also belittled any partaker (one with a heavenly hope) as nothing
    special unless s/he obeys the elders and the Governing Body. They
    demoted being of the anointed to not necessarily having a measurable
    difference in blessings/spirit from Jehovah.

All I get is that the "generation" that will not pass away will be "the anointed."
    That sounds simpler than the last understanding, but doesn't fit the
    original intent of Christ anymore than the last one did.

We'll have to wait another 4 weeks or so before this one is really kicked
    around with the study articles.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I think the key here is that some of the anointed are supposed to be alive when Armageddon comes.

Because of this, they have had to change the doctrine several times as time has rolled on. In the beginning, it all fit together quite nicely; The 'generation' Jesus was talking about was understood to simply mean all people who were old enough to 'remember' 1914 and the things that happened then. (That the 6000 years since Adam was coming up in 1975 seemed to gel nicely with this doctrine, and all was well).

Unfortunately, the years went by and nothing happened, so they conceded and said "OK, so you don't have to remember what happened in 1914 - let's say it's all people who were born in 1914". But eventually, again, the years went by and nothing happened.

Come 1994, and it's 80 years since 1914. In other words, even those born in 1914 were 80 years old. "Man's age shall be 70, with much strength 80" and whatnot.

So 1995 rolled in, and with it came the (now pretty obvious) change in 'light': The 'generation' was now suddenly not all the people that had been born in 1914; it was all people who would see the composite sign of the coming of Christ - meaning it could span several of what we usually consider to be 'generations' of people.

However - ten more years (and then some) passed, and even this wouldn't do anymore. Because the anointed are really becoming old - so much so that they consist of 40% dust by now.

So - we need another change. Actually - we need several changes:

At the start of 2007, 'new light' revealed that heaven is 'open again' - the gathering did not stop in 1935 after all, and the newly anointed (those who decide to eat and drink) were not necessarily just substitutes for anointed who had 'fallen away', but actually newly anointed.

This was section one in the rocket they had launched. This section made it possible to postpone Armageddon for a few more years, because now - even if all the old geezers die of old age, there will still be anointed on earth. The next stage in this 'rocket', was the new announcement (not yet "official") that the 'generation' in fact isn't people in general at all, but only the anointed.

And voilĂ ! We have gone from a 'locked' doctrine with a definite expiration date, to a doctrine that can go on and on and on and on.... and on. And it's been done in several more or less 'smooth' steps, so as to not upset the average JW too much. After all - it's wonderful that 'we' get all this new light... Only negative side to it is that they may expect a huge increase in anointed in the next couple of years, but I'm sure they'll "handle" it.

• yknot
    yknot

Hmmm.....

1935- Was it just a coincidence that Carey Barber (b 1905) was dying and that this issue came the following month after his death(Apr 07). He and Barr (b. 1913) were/are the only remaining GB that were both born before 1914 and adults when the 1935 cut-off was announced.

I was wondering if there are any opinions on how much longer they have until 1914 needs to be addressed/ adjusted? I mean how long is Jesus' gonna be sitting up there and nothing happening down here?

Thanks

Y

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

OOPS!

I thought you were asking something about 401k - retirement planning.

Man! was I ever wrong.

401k beats 144k every time.

-Aude.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    ONe last thing, James 5 says that all sould partake of the meal in order to obtain everlasting life... what scripture evidence does the GB give that shows all souldn't partake.

I asked that once and never got a good answer. If you find the answer, let me know.

• bluebell
    bluebell

lol AS but don't you know that you don't need to save for retirement your ever loving congregation will be more than happy to look after someone who faithfully devoted their lives to the publishing company?!

• dinah
    dinah

Dawg,

I have friend who have done research on this. It may take me awhile to dig it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit