My opinions of Crisis of Conscience and Awakening

by LongHairGal 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

It was a very informative and eye opening read., also, ISOCF was very good, long but good. I have read COC twice now and am reading once again COJ's gentile times book not the title but yu get the gist.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

in my opinion, gentile times reconsidered by carl olaf johnson is also a must read. i had lingering thoughts about the org. being correct even after c.o.c. after gentile times, ALL such thoughts were GONE!!!! now i KNOW the org. is full of it.

• The Humper
    The Humper

im a little over half way through and am enjoying the read alot. i usually only read a little before bed so its taking me some time to get through it. there is so much info in there that i never even knew. even though i gre up in it, i was never taught alot of the background or history behind the org. just like alot of us that were in.

i just wish my mom would read it and get out of the grips of that dangerous org.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth
    Do you recommend reading these books? My sister and I left at the same time, last month.

Absolutely! Both are great books. CoC is a Must Read. I didn't find it to be a dull read at all. I couldn't stop once I got started.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I haven't read either and at this point, I don't really feel the need to. I left years ago, after alot of soul searching and I know its total BS. Had I left having doubts however, I am sure the book would have been enlightening and helpful on the road to recovery. I've only checked things out online in the last couple years, mostly recently, and it just confirmed what I already knew. Not saying I won't borrow a copy at some point, just to say I've read it, but I don't feel a need to read it to be certain of my decision. I knew it was crap a long time ago.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Franz' books are great for those never exposed to the realities of Bethel life. To any bethelite reading it, they would chuckle and nod and see themselves experiencing the same things daily. It came across when I reviewed for some work in Legal as a malcontent and was easily dismissed by me at that time.

It was doctrine, lack of real love, lack of humanitarian values of any kinds, that drove me out. The hypocrasy at the higher levels was simpyl icing on the decision making cake.

• R.F.
    R.F.

CofC is awesome. It's a great read in my opinion.

(still needs to give Purps her book back )

R.F.

• bite me
    bite me

I've been looking for this book to look at before I buy. Apparently it is only available to you once you purchase it, can anyone else confirm different?

• bite me
    bite me

I found this link in looking for it

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/most_burned.htm

How bad is this book if it was "banned"

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    I've been looking for this book to look at before I buy. Apparently it is only available to you once you purchase it, can anyone else confirm different?

You may be able to find it at a public library. Or go ahead and buy it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble. If you don't like it or need it, donate it to your local public library. It may be of help to someone else. It's a must read for anyone who has doubts about the witnesses or has already left. It will help someone to make a decision to quit. It can also confirm to someone who already left, no matter what that reason is, that they made the right decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit