Governing Body on Higher Education Gerrit Lösch Talk

by Magick 48 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

This made sick and annoyed. I believed them. It is as dawg says about mind control. I did not graduate until much later- glad I did.

llbh

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Some few intelligent witnesses with children will definitely fade.

This teaching / concept is pure garbage, many will not accept this. The ones in nicer areas will leave. In the hall of my wife, the speaker would almost laugh when the end was mentioned.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

yeah this is nuts.

I continue to strongly encourage a university or college education in all my parts and talks....

so far, I have met no resistance....but time will tell.

This is one crazy cult.

The Oracle

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Actually I love it when they do this and come out with the harder line stuff.

Only the stupid stay in, those with any sense do the fade and the harder line stance causes more dissatisfaction and makes their decision easier.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Isn't it ironic that he makes a direct comparison of education to suicide when the average young jw is a lot closer to suicide than the average college student?

• VM44
    VM44

He told the "experience" of a man with obsessive compulsive disorder who attempted suicide by shooting himself. He survived and was cured of the OCD because of the part of his brain that the bullet pierced.

There is more to this story that Losch did not mention.

According to the newspaper account I read, after he was "cured" of his OCD, the man started to attend college!!!!

--VM44

• Gozz
    Gozz

I know one African country where talks like this are routinely ignored. JWs is competitive countries know the only way to get out of the cycle of poverty is by getting thoroughly educated, and it's not unusual to find university graduates in responsible positions in the congregations. Within the universities themselves, the rate of attrition of JWs is quite high; the talks are geared towards dissuading JWs from going ahead for second and third degrees.

• Magick
    Magick

did you notice in the watchtower article they again linked higher education and being "smart" to suicide?

Many, both young and old, extol the importance of an academic education. Some experts even say that they “fully believe that you will never be able to find a [decent] job without a college degree.” Yet, there are a number of human needs that go beyond material achievements. For instance, does higher learning help you to be a good parent, mate, or friend? For that matter, people admired for their intellectual achievements may develop undesirable personality traits, fail in their family life, or even end up committing suicide.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

smart = suicide? If that isn't a drowning man grasping for a rope that doesn't exist, then I have no idea what is. smart = suicide is just trying to sell crazy. I'm sorry but we're all full up here.

• VM44
    VM44

For instance, does higher learning help you to be a good parent, mate, or friend?

What sort of rhetorical question is this? The answer is neither yes or no, but rather "it might"!

Let's rephrase the question..."Would ignorance, lack of knowledge and having no experience help you to be a good parent, mate or friend?

WATCHTOWER, YOU ARE FULL OF BALONEY!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit