Double Standard/Contradictions compilation

by The Last Nephilim 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I think this is the appropriate forum for this. I'm trying to compile a list of JW rules, policies, practices, or beliefs that are contradictory or that they apply to everyone else but themselves. For example; JWs tell members of other religions to examine and question their beliefs, but JWs can't; If you are in "the world", you're not really happy- only JWs are happy. If a JW isn't happy, it's because Satan is persecuting them for being JWs.
    You get the point...
    I am researching things as deeply as possible before I decide what to do next. In addition to this list, I'm talking to my sister who lives out of state who has been trying to subtly convince me to give up the JDubs for years now. I'm also carefully reading the "Proclaimers" book to see what it has to say, and already I found a direct contradiction between two statements by page 60! In a nutshell, the book admits that CT Russell was "convinced" by N Barbour that the invisible return of Christ was in 1874, but 13 pages later it said that since his knowing Barbour he'd predicted the date to be 1914!!! What happened to 1874???

Anyway, if anyone can help me compile a list of these type things or direct me to a site that has already done so please help me out! ALso, I'm interested in things of this nature that anyone has witnessed at the congregational level, even if it was brought out that there was corruption. After all, elders and MSs are "spirit" appointed, right?! ;)
    Thanks!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

If a non-witness father shuns or persecutes his daughter/son for becoming a witness. He is a tool of the devil looking out for his own interests. If he kicks them out of the house, then he's just plain evil.

However

If a witness father shuns or persecutes his disassociated daughter/son for leaving the witnesses. He is a spiritual man, doing what's best for the child. If he kicks them out of the house, then he is very strong, and to be praised for putting god first.

In other words, a witness is expected to shun children who change religions. A non witness is expected to support children who change religions.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Gordy
    Gordy

I came across the following a long while ago.

HAVING IT BOTH WAYS

1. When individuals leave the WT organization for conscience reasons, it is evidence that God is shepherding and protecting the flock by doing a sifting work.

When people leave another Christian religion it is evidence that the religion is morally corrupt and unable or unwilling to provide spiritually for their members.

2. When a Christian from another denomination lies, he is acting according to his own disposition being from the father of the lie.

When a Jehovah’s Witness lies, he is proving his loyalty to Jehovah and fulfilling his sacred obligation to engage in spiritual warfare.

3. During times of rapid growth the organization claims Gods approval for the harvest.

During times of little or negative growth, the organization prints that this is evidence that the end is near because it appears that the harvest work is almost over.

4. When a Jehovah’s Witness is martyred, it is seen as following Christs example and fulfilment of Scripture.

When a Christian of another faith is martyred it is seen as a misguided, albeit admirable exercise in a form of faith but proving false to its Source.

5. When the organization prophesies falsely it is due to man's imperfection and an eagerness to see the new system.

When another faith prophesies falsely it is proof that they are a false prophet in fulfillment of Christs words about the presence of many false prophets during the last days.

6. When other Christian faiths experience growth it is because the Devil is misleading the entire inhabited earth.

When Jehovahs Witnesses experience growth it is undeniable evidence that Jesus is actively leading the organization.

7. When other religions are exposed as fraudulent and a menace to society and they lose certain privileges or status within a particular context, it is because God uses the governments as his executioner of justice.

When the Jehovahs Witnesses are exposed as fraudulent and a menace to society and they lose certain privileges or status within a particular context, it is because Satan owns all the governments; else how could he have offered all of them to Jesus as a temptation?

8. When the Catholic Church engages in protecting Pedophile Priests by hushing up the matter it is evidence that they are a filthy Harlot.

When Jehovahs Witnesses dont notify police of charges of child molestation it is because of their willingness to allow Jehovah to handle the matter in his due time; thereby displaying faith in the ultimate JUDGE.

9. Jehovahs Witnesses claim to have no clergy and hence are totally unlike Christendoms rulers who get special reverence and lord it over their brothers.

When asked why they dont report criminal charges to the police they claim it is because it's a perversion of the clergy/laity relationship.

10. When a Jehovahs Witness is unrepentant he is disfellowshipped., branded unfit for association.

When the organization is unrepentant of its sins and people find it unfit for association and contentiously leave, it is because they are full of pride and refuse to wait on Jehovah.

11. When a Christian of another faith celebrates Mothers Day they are following ancient pagan practices and giving undue attention to someone.

When Sisters wear a wedding ring which clearly has pagan origins and draws attention to her status, it is evidence of the divinely inspired institution of marriage.

12. When a Jehovahs Witness defrauds another Witness, it may be brought before the elders for possible social sanction if guilty.

When a Christian of another faith defrauds a Witness he is often times encouraged to sue the pants off him and squeeze him for every dime.

13. When other Churches support the UN it is evidence that the harlot is fornicating with the Wild Beast.

When the organization officially agreed to support UN objectives it was because they needed "access to their library".

14. When a differrent faith-believing relative shuns their Jehovah's Witness family member, it is fulfillment of Christs prophecy concerning the breaking up of families when someone starts to believe in Christ.

When a Jehovahs Witness shuns his different believing relatives, whether they believe in Christ or not, it is seen as an action necessary to keep oneself without spot from the world.

15. Every event in Jehovahs Witness life is seen as evidence that they have the truth and others will simply be destroyed by God.

Perhaps others can provide more examples of having it both ways. I'd argue it is their defining characteristic.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Welcome!

This site might help.

Click on any subject of interest.

http://www.qwotes.info/admin-site-map.htm

N.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember the April 1, 1995 Puketower had a study article blaming Satan for making "brothers(??)" feeling unloved and unappreciated. Remember, this is the same Satan that was supposed to be instigating pride and getting the "brothers(??)" to commit fornication. Were Satan to cause the opposite sex to reject people, that would be shooting himself in the foot by working against the cause of getting that "brother(??)" to commit fornication down the road.

That study article was the most blatant contradiction of Satan's character I have ever seen in my life. And, when I saw such events coming true in my life within the next few a$$emblies, I knew that it was NOT Satan but Jehovah that was doing it. Create the problem, make a whole encyclopedia of conditions to attenuate it, and then step in and look like a damn hero. That was Jehovah's gameplan with that piece of sxxx.

Ultimately, that was the article that led me to seek out of the scam. Anyone who blames Satan for creating a problem that ultimately would have worked against his interests and then causes said problem does not deserve any worship, but slaps in the face. I don't know who could come up with an article like that in light of the many articles about Satan causing people to stumble with pride and commit fornication. That was a pretty blatant contradiction, and the one that ultimately led me to turn apostate.

• The Fancyful and Decried Slave
    The Fancyful and Decried Slave

The pope claims to be in the same position as the apostle Peter. But there is no apostolic succession.

The governing body claims to be in the same position as the first-century assembly of apostles and older men. That is God's arrangement.

A married man has an extramarital affair. His wife does not forgive him, and obtains a divorce. The man is free to remarry.

A wife is abused by her violent husband. She divorces for her safety. She is not free to remarry.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

If a non-witness father shuns or persecutes his daughter/son for becoming a witness. He is a tool of the devil looking out for his own interests. If he kicks them out of the house, then he's just plain evil.

However

If a witness father shuns or persecutes his disassociated daughter/son for leaving the witnesses. He is a spiritual man, doing what's best for the child. If he kicks them out of the house, then he is very strong, and to be praised for putting god first.

In other words, a witness is expected to shun children who change religions. A non witness is expected to support children who change religions.

This is a great interest to me, for I left other faiths, and those people are still good to us.

I hope in 20 years my children don't shun me for leaving (if so)

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Thanks for the help, guys! It means alot to me to have help and to be able to communicate with others who feel like I'm feeling about the WTS!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Page 60 says that "from the time of his early association with Nelson Barbour, he [Russell] was convinced that there was an accurate chronology, based on the Bible, and that it pointed to 1914 as the end of the Gentile Times". The date here is the one for the end of the Gentile Times, not the return of Christ. Today that's the same thing, but it wasn't for Russell. The main thing here is that the Society only mentions that Russell expected the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. They omit the fact that Russell did NOT expect the return of Christ in 1914, or the birth of the kingdom, or the beginning of the "last days" in that year.

• ninja
    ninja

leo.....have you worked out that 9/11 was an inside job yet?.....I have now realised it has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with emotion....and lets face it ......you bloody women are emotional....he he.....ninja

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit