dog the bounty hunter

by BR25 51 Replies latest jw friends

• BR25
    BR25

I wanted to know everyones opinion on him losing his show and his comments.

First of all I do think his comments warrant the cancellation of his show, but it should have never got that far. When you are talking with family it should never leave the house. It should stay behind closed doors.

When I dont like how some people act in my family or in public I use some pretty harsh words myself. I love black people and I got black people in family, but I got in an altercation with a black guy at work one time, and I'll admit I dropped the N-bomb, but it was when I got home and I was explaining it to my wife. I was pissed at the time, but I said those things in the privacy of my home. Im not a rascist, I was just mad at the guy and 99% of americans say things behind closed doors while there angry that shouldnt go public.

I just dont like the fact that he is being called rascist. I think he likes black people he just didnt like how his sons girlfriend conducts herself so he used harsh words. Everybody does that. When you dont like someone it is what you do. I do it myself, and I have much respect for the black race.

I hate it when these things happen. It wasnt like don Imus who did it on the air waves. He did it on a private telephone, and thats where it should have stayed. If he ever has a show again I will still watch it, because he didnt do anything different than anyone else does privately, he just got sold out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, it sucks to use free speach. Oh well, he was kind of wierd anyway w his christianity crap.

S

• BrentR
    BrentR

I would be interested in the dynamics inside his family that lead his son to throw him under the bus like that. What he said is very offensive and I find it disturbing how many kids are living in his house learning that language/attitude from him and Beth. I liked the show alot but I am very disapointed in his true feelings that he revealed.

I hope he does some deep soul searching and grows beyond his cultural hatred. Of all the TV personalities I would have considered him the least likely to be racist. Just one more phony Christain busted.

• BR25
    BR25

I dont think he has racial hatred, everybody does it behind closed doors when they dont like somebody. So is everyone rascist then?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've watched the show. Hawaii is very multi-cultural and he's never appeared to be racist. I just don't think he's ever "grown-up" in the area of letting his mouth run free. Granted, he's in a business where sometimes strong words are needed to get the attention with those you're dealing with, I can understand that, but he needs to choose those words. It's hard to believe that someone who is in so much fear of losing everything if his crude N-bomb remarks went public wouldn't stopped using the word long ago, especially after getting a TV show and after the Imus incident. It just shows poor judgement to risk everything because you haven't grown -up and consciencely made better choices. Life's lessons can be very bitter if not learned early. The more information that's coming out makes me believe he was really set up. With family like that, more of a reason to have stopped using the word long ago.

• free2beme
    free2beme

The PC world is BS

• BrentR
    BrentR

He will be back and sooner then later. His show was one of the top rated on A&E and after some apologizing and jumping through some PC hoops another network will by the licensing rights. He will get a new contract and it will be business as usual, just like Imus, Mel Gibson and Michael Richards. Money makes more noise then offensive words ever will.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    He will be back and sooner then later. His show was one of the top rated on A&E and after some apologizing and jumping through some PC hoops another network will by the licensing rights. He will get a new contract and it will be business as usual, just like Imus, Mel Gibson and Michael Richards. Money makes more noise then offensive words ever will.

Ain't THAT the truth. In fact, money is made WHEN offensive words are used - just look at the career of Al Sharpton. btw, I miss Al in the Democratic debate. Four years ago, he's what made me tune in.

• BrentR
    BrentR

If only it was wrong for everyone to use the N-word. Not only is society easily offended but they are also selectively offended.

Watch this video for the first 18 seconds. Picture a white guy doing the exact same material. If we are truly color blind then the race should not matter, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kMf_FCYtg8

I have sex but I can't say the "F" word on TV or Radio.

Double standards water down the message and make a whole lot of people look like hypocrites. It is extremely disingenuous and very counterproductive.

• silkribbon
    silkribbon

I don't believe Dog is racist. His Pastor is black and he has black friends. I think his frustration got to him. His son is on probation and Dog believed his girlfriend was encouraging him to break probation. Dog has expressed his remorse and is sorry he didn't keep control. I believe he's a good guy. He should be forgiven. He who is without sin cast the first stone. People say things in anger they don't mean. One old lady's opinion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit