International Conventions

by stillajwexelder 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

God don't you hate it when you start a new tread for something that you couldn't find. anyway. the Hawaii IC will be the last 2 weeks I guess of Dec. 2009 .....they splitting it up like in 2003.

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

We did hear that we are having a International convention in December 2009 in Hawaii and will be having (2) of them like last time at the end of December. Although we still haven't had our letter read yet to inform of the official dates, word has it, that the following dates are planned for the convention. First one will be (Dec. 17 - 20) and the second will be (Dec. 24 - 27).

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

What! Royals Stadium in KC MO USA insnt on this years list?

HOT HUMID and LOTSA Sunshine............

~hill

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

KEMPNER ARENA is the usual venue for KC MO -and of course State Line Road runs about 100 yards away so is almost KC K also

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Would be funny too if someone got into the announcement booth and starting talking in a demonic style voice.

Yes, but it would be interesting to see the speaker spin his head around while condemning the demons.

Rub a Dub

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

shopaholic..

LOL..i never went back to this thread until just now...16 days later..and seen your post...what a load of horse manure....so hypocritical their treatment of you vs the treatment of a worldly person......the delegates were supposed to be the best of the best ...cream of the crop...but as OTWO said..now its just make sure you have the finances...

I had the package from NY to London to Hamburg.....but I ended up staying close to the hotel in London the 2nd day of sightseeing because I had giant blisters on my feet from walking around in meeting shoes for the tours! How stupid...they said wear confortable shoes but then say wear shoes you would wear to the KH......I ditched the "cruel shoes" and went to comfortable black walking shoes.... I sat out on the stoop of the hotel mostly in the shade the 2nd day...so much cooler on the tree lined street.... (remember the 100 degree heat!!!) I was reading a good fiction novel (Prob not "appropriate" reading material...heh heh)...i did have my lapel badge on my lanyard around my neck....but I was in tshirt and jeans! .....so much for following rules....but got to talk to lots of JWs and worldly people...never witnessed to the worldly people...to their relief.

and in the airport in NY...I got ripped a new a$$ by the group captain because I arrived from my start destination to NY in jeans and a tshirt!..said i was not setting a good example as one of his assistants! and i refused to change....I said all my "meeting clothes" were in my checked luggage (a small lie omission, I had one set in my carry on..I wasn't unpacking my bag to get it out.....lol)

Never again will I spend that kind of money on a JW tour, even if I still went (which I dont). Ironically, everyone said they would keep in touch...not so much... I only hear from 2 people from my group...1 occasionaly via email..the other once a week by phone....neither know I no longer go to meetings at all..just that I am "discouraged" and miss alot....lol.... bet they would run the other way if they knew my real feelings.....the second one is already trying to save to go to the 2009 conventions...even though she hasnt paid her elder father off for the last one.... and I think the older bus captain knew I was a bad apple from the start.....good sense on that!

Snakes ()

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

KEMPNER ARENA is the usual venue for KC MO -and of course State Line Road runs about 100 yards away so is almost KC K also

I guess I'm an old dog.... back in '73 they had an "international" out in the Royals park in the Arrowhead complex.

Kicked off the big Kindom News tract work that was 'sposed to be the last call before Armegedon. Of course, "they" never said that outright but all in the audience got the memo.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit