View of the military

by ninja 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

View of military? Necessary.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The military is mainly for the protection of those in power and US Imperialistic goals of world domination, it thrives on a "them or us" indoctrinated mentality. The US's stockpile of weapons of mass destruction is US's way of remaining the most feared nation on earth and gives it great bargaining power on the the world scene, as such stock piles promotes the idea of a suicidal bully needing to be placated. One who enters the military must give up a measure of thier conscience and let the government dictate who they will kill.

While those in military service may be heroic and willing to risk thier lives, the moral rightness of many conflicts that the US engages in needs to be considered in each case to state whether they do so as an indoctrinated ass, or a truley heroic persons defending liberty and freedom.

• Terry
    Terry

While those in military service may be heroic and willing to risk thier lives, the moral rightness of many conflicts that the US engages in needs to be considered in each case to state whether they do so as an indoctrinated ass, or a truley heroic persons defending liberty and freedom.

Life on earth is largely nature at work.

Nature is amoral.

Humans do what they do and put the best possible face on it.

America has always had enemies. It always will. Without a military those enemies will not hesitate to take advantage of our weakness.

We could vanish in a heartbeat.

Rome withstood all attacks for over a thousand years. But, by allowing barbarians into the military as mercenaries and by granting citizenship to mercenary barbarians who served in Rome's military the patriotism vanished. When push came to shove, the men serving had no loyalty to anyone other than themselves and Rome imploded from within.

Without a core purpose no nation can survive its enemies.

Ideology is the plaything of politicians.

Protecting your ass and your fellow citizen's collective asses is a practical matter.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Terry,

I fail to see, what you wrote has anything remotely to do with my statement you quoted from me.

Protecting your ass and your fellow citizen's collective asses is a practical matter.

I know there may be legitimate reasons for fighting, but I fail to see the legitimacy of any war's or conflicts the USA has been envovled in after WWII. The US governemnt is a big bully, come on and admit it.

• ninja
    ninja

btw the whole point of my post post was to highlight the blatant disrespect those in positions of power have for the brave people who put their lives on the line......that got lost in there somewhere

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nin,

That is obvious, most politicians care little about lives lost, while they in public say the opposite. Body counts are of a concern only when they might hurt thier chances of be re-elected or make a war become unpopular and cause the masses to protest against them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit