Step-Daughter Farks up Halloween.....

by MinisterAmos 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I finally get the wife to promise and dress up in costume to take our 3Y/O out trick or treating with us!

I won right?

My wife spends HOURS getting ready, we blow off the Dub School for the night, it's dark and our daughter is in her princess dress,.....

And everything grinds to a halt.

My biatch of a 17 y/o step daughter decides that "she can't allow this" and refuses to even open the door to hand out treats and "why can't you just put out a basket so they can serve themselves"?

Well....because that's not what we agreed on and it's 6:35 and people are already ringing the bell and we were supposed to be at the neighbor's 20 minutes ago, and you are S O F A R K I N G G R O U N D E D for screwing up something that I had been planning for so long? The little snake has annoyed me for the last time.

Any way Miss I'm-A-Dub when there isn't anything better to do, you are so on my black list.....

(Mom took the little one out, not what I has originally hoped for, but I'm glad the two of them get to have some fun)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would have put out the basket

• Cellist
    Cellist

That's too bad. A real let down.

Cellist

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I woulda sent her off to someone else's house.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

kick her ass out on the doorstep and lock the door behind her............ untill she runs outta candy.

its pretty damn cold here in georgia....... hows it there lol

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Look Mister, we are not here to like everything that the WTS hates. I think Halloween is the stupidest dumpiest most satanic celebration on any calendar regardless of your faith.

And if you are calling your 17yo Step daughter a Bitch, well I can see there is no happiness in the celebration to start with even with you, your only doing it because the WTS don’t like it which isn’t a really good reason to force your step daughter to part take of it, if you want her to hate the WTS just tell her the truth about their false doctrines

I have 2 step daughters aged 17 & 18 and calling them Bitch’s isn’t the right way to get their respect, so when she grows up hating you don’t be too quick to blame the WTS.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Just keep putting the pressure on her to explain what your mistake is when you calculate that 607 is wrong using Allymom's KISS approach.

She will eventually realise that she is missing out on all the fun for no legitimate reasons.

I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

She is only 17. When I think about how stuffed up I was when I was at that age I wish that my parents had taken some notice of the cognitive dissonance that must have been rattling around in their heads at the time.

Just do it gently, gently, gently, gently, gently.

Cheers

Chris

• Sirona
    Sirona
    think Halloween is the stupidest dumpiest most satanic celebration on any calendar regardless of your faith.

Lone ranger. The origins of Halloween have NOTHING to do with Satan. http://www.religioustolerance.org/hallowee.htm

The original festival, Samhain, is neither stupid nor satanic.

Some people seem to be fixated on "Satan" - my goodness what power is attributed to him by Christians.

Sirona

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I thinks the lone ranger is just upset that on Halloween everyone is wearing a mask...and he's not so special anymore.

If the seventeen yr old doesn't want to hand out candy, send her to the KH...that'll teach her.

lisa

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Sorry to come down on you a little;

What your stepdaughter did was wrong. But, she is only 17 and I have two teenagers myself and know how strong-willed they can be in their opinions, no matter what they are. I think you could have handled it better because after all, you are the adult and she is a child still. So, I agree with Mrs. Jones, to keep the peace and be sensitive to everyones views, I also would have put out the basket and just taken the little one out trick or treating.

Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit