GENESIS

by snowbird 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

I also knew a girl named Genesis. Never again have I heard anyone else named that.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Hello all,

I got something! I was reading up in the info of the origins of mythological beings. It seems that they all disapeared after the great flood. I think mabey all those myth gods really existed because of Gen. 6:1-7. Like the Zeus, Odin, Amun-Ra, Vishnu, & Amaterasu were all gods or nephelim of those times. Even dragons may have existed (since the word dinosaurs is a modern term).

Any thoughts or ideas on this subject?

-Aleman

• Gopher
    Gopher

What evidence exists that mythical gods existed?

And really, what evidence is there for a worldwide Biblical flood? I do not believe that really happened, because it is not scientifically feasible.

Here is a site listing 11 logical / scientific problems that arise from a belief in a literal worldwide flood: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

• Aleman
    Aleman

Actually, archeology has discovered many clues that have to do with the flood. like the mammoth in greenland, or the ark itself, even non-biblical people like in Japan, India, and others refer to a great flood in their own history. Don't just take what is said in one place an guide yourself in beliefs you haven't researched.

Besides I don't think you believe that back in those days people didn't lie or told made-up stories like they do now. Lie, deseite, back stabing, blackmail, all of these began later in life when philosophy was just being born.

I know where you are coming from but you don't have much to fall back on. I'm sorry.

-Aleman

• changeling
    changeling

EXODUS

• changeling
    changeling

German boy: Read Gopher's list, you might learn something.

changeling

• snowbird
    snowbird

LEVITICUS

Sylvia

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

NUMBERS!

Someone else can spell the next one lol!

• snowbird
    snowbird

DEUTERONOMY - I've got the KJV/ASV in my Favorites.

Sylvia

• freetosee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit