snowbird

Oooook. JOSHUA!

Sylvia

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

... JUDGES!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Actually, I was interested in the commentary on Michalangelo's Creation of Adam painting - I'd never noticed that Eve is there too.

I learnted sumthing today

• snowbird
    snowbird

RUTH!!!

Sylvia

• Gopher
    Gopher

"Joshua .... Judges ... Ruth"

What right did Joshua have to judge Ruth anyway? He should have minded his own business!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Every time I think of Judges I have the image of a bloke with a tentpeg between his eyes It has to be one of the most gruesome books in the Bible!

And followed by a wonderful love story too - I wonder if it was deliberate?

Anyway on with the show - 1 AND 2 SAMUEL

• snowbird
    snowbird

One of my baby daughter's middle names is JAEL.

1 and 2 Kings.

Isn't there a 3 and 4 Kings in the Douay Bible?

Behave yourself, Gopher!!!

Sylvia

• Gopher
    Gopher

I had a Catholic Bible once. I think -- what Protestants call 1 & 2 Samuel, they call 1 & 2 Kings. And what Protestants call 1 & 2 Kings, they call 3 & 4 Kings. (Personally, I prefer the Catholic names, because most of 1 & 2 Samuel is about the kings.)

• snowbird
    snowbird
    most of 1 & 2 Samuel is about the kings.)

True that, true that. Traces the start of the Davidic dynasty culminating in the birth of The Messiah.

I LOVE history.

Sylvia

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hmmm not sure about that 1 and 2 Kings might be as is and the next books 1 and 2 Chronicles which are called 3 and 4 Kings.

I'm sitting in a shop with loads of different Bible translations but not a Douai - not much call for that one these days, most RC's are happy with the New Jerusalem Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit