Pioneer brother carjacked and shot dead in New Jersey - where r the angels?

by truthseeker 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Well - it is an interesting question. Lots of JWs got killed in Nazi concentration camps, lots got killed and raped etc. in Malawi and other countries, they die in car and plane crashes even while in the field ministry service, they die from diseases just like anyone else...

- But when a couple of pioneer sisters come to a house of a madman who have already murdered someone and is thinking of murdering them next, then suddenly two big angels are protecting them.

It's just the same story as when some people are "saved by an angel" when they get out alive of a horrible car crash - while millions starve to death on the other side of the globe. Or when God arranges it so that a Christian in the US gets a job because he/she prayed for it, while a just as Christian person in a poor part of Africa sees their family starve to death, even if they pray every day. I'm sure it all makes sense though, in the big scheme of things, so I won't question it of course.

[edited] Woah - a case of "great minds think alike", or what? lol [/edited]

• R.F.
    R.F.

I always shuddered when I heard of witnesses being killed in unnatural ways, especially while out on the ministry - where the hell were the angels flying in midheaven when he needed them?

I don't have my WT cd-rom at the moment and it's not saved to this computer, but I recall many WT articles that say that the angels are out when JWs are door-knocking, but that it should be expected that some tragedies may happen for the sake of the good news. However, the entire organization will never be destroyed. I don't have the exact wording but that's the basic idea.

So basically, they have given themselves a safety net in saying that things like this should be expected, but you will never have to worry about all 6 million plus JWs getting wiped out.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Just like the Matrix. They allow enough to survive to start the process over again

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "...where the hell were the angels flying in midheaven when he needed them?"

I think that the proper answer to this is that - even though he was a 'pioneer'... perhaps he had done something wrong - that displeased his mighty god - who removed his 'protection' from this fella.

Or - perhaps it was a 'test' - like in the days of Job.

In all seriousness though... I don't see how the JWs can rationalize away such things. Whenever someone barely escapes with their life - it's divine intervention - angels protecting - etc.

Whenever someone gets killed - they are not as vocal about those protecting angels.

Regards,

Jim TX

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

R.F.

I also remember hearing or seeing something about how the 'whole org. would not be destroyed and that some would die...' This didn't sit well with me.

The problem I have is that I definitely remember in the early days when I was studying I remember reading something that said that god/Jehovah sees us as individuals and not a 'sea of faces'. Well, then, what does it mean when some JWs die in some places and others are partying in other places?

I don't know if anybody remembers but several years back there was a pregnant JW who was murdered by somebody in her neighborhood who cut the baby from her. Horrible story. Of course they found the woman who did this and they got the baby back. The problem I have with this story is that we will never know is if this JW lady unwittingly put herself in more danger than the average woman by being a JW and possibly being seen in the preaching work. My point: where was HER divine protection???

I didn't know what to think about divine intervention and protection and the topic makes me a little sick.

LHG

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey, anyone else wondering how a pioneer could afford to drive a car that would even GET jacked? Especially if he lived in a low rent neighborhood anyway (most work their own communities, right?).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I had a bad 3 car accident going out in service also back in the 70's I never thought till now that God and the angels werent there for me.

But the apologist would say yah but your still alive, he saved you.

• heathen
    heathen

yah right , angelic protection . You ask me I'd have to say that the WTBTS screwed them over by their flip flop on the superior authorities dogma , making man once again the supreme authority , which in turn would make satan the ruler of the world again instead of the belief that Jesus was made ruler of the world .

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Did you (anyone, I mean) ever play the game "Telephone" as a kid?

The original story was on the thread Gopher posted, and it has turned into what your friend heard.

If that happened, it would've been on the news here, but it wasn't. A search I did yielded no results.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Lonelysheep,

Yeah I played the telephone game at a party. The message always changes.

I think the original story changed and became dramatized by the time it reached the stage at the hall where Truthseeker's friend goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit