Pioneer brother carjacked and shot dead in New Jersey - where r the angels?

by truthseeker 20 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I heard this from a friend who attended a meeting last week.

The speaker said that two months ago he heard of a pioneer brother in New Jersey who was carjacked and shot dead after he tried to run away.

Anyone confirm this?

I always shuddered when I heard of witnesses being killed in unnatural ways, especially while out on the ministry - where the hell were the angels flying in midheaven when he needed them?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I can't find anything online about this, but I remember the location - it was Newark.

• Dawn
    Dawn

When I was in junior high my friend's sister was raped and murdered while out in field service. It happens. It's sad - but it happens. That's why I never would go in service or on rv's by myself.

• Dawn
    Dawn

When I was in junior high my friend's sister was raped and murdered while out in field service. It happens. It's sad - but it happens. That's why I never would go in service or on rv's by myself.

• changeling
    changeling

I had a terrible car accident in field service, I had both my kids and another teenager in the car with me. We were Ok but the car was totaled. Very scary.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Truthseeker,

A JW elder was killed in a hit-and-run in New Jersey, it was about 3-4 weeks ago. Maybe this is the incident, although the details differ from what you heard:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/143583/1.ashx

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Gopher,

It's not that one - this pioneer brother was carjacked in a bad area of Newark. He ran from his car and hid somewhere. His attackers found him and shot him dead. That's all I know.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I knew an old brother in New Jersey who was literally tarred and feathered and ran out of town for being a JW. That's gotta suck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And this is the sort of thing they want people to risk when going out in field circus. Imagine going out in such a neighborhood alone to get the territory done faster or get more done. Imagine your 6-year-old, just baptized, going in this area and working door to door. All the while, Mister Jaracz is sitting high in his high-security compound somewhere in Brooklyn where they cannot touch him.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is a topic that annoys me because of how it's exploited at the assemblies. We all hear stories of how JW's received some sort of miraculous help while out in service. Anything from meeting a person who had been praying to escaping some sort of danger. When this happens, people puff out their chest and brag how they are under divine protection. When the opposite occurs, such as the events described in the previous posts, we get the "time and unforeseen occurrence" talk. I can't imagine Jehovah sitting around doing the coin flip toss as to help or not help. In fact, I think it presumptuous on anyones part when they make the claim of divine intervention. As if their own selfish circumstances are more important than let's say a single Mother raising her kids on minimum wage in the ghetto. Or rape and murder victims in Darfur. I rarely make petitions to Jehovah anymore. As a middle class individual living in comfort in an industrialized country, I simply don't feel that I'm entitled to any "divine help" with the Billions of others around with worse circumstances than my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit