Studying To Save Lives Again!

by KnowlegeSeeker_UK 35 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome.

Become a dermatologist. Great pay, great hours, low liability insurance, you make people beautiful, and find cancer in the beginning, and no one calls your house at 3:00 am with a pimple problem.

Skeeter

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

It angers me to hear there are elders here, i cant be hypocritical enough to put my hand up, your teaching from the platform, their will be people in your congs that look up 2 u and, think ppl like him are intelligent, good ppl, if he believs in all this, i will... your really not helping. get up in the next meeting, tell everybody what u think, consice and straight. You are 100% PART OF THE PROBLEM if you dont, i think its worse to stay feeling like you do.... Dont be so weak, and stop excusing it as "being on the inside" and " working away from within" as an elder you are DEFINETLY contributing towards people staying.

I feel so strongly about this that i dont reallty believe u both to be elders, Whenever elders used to say " even if it aint true we live a safe, happy and good life." that used to make me so angry, cos it made me question why they were really in the truth for that thought to even cross their mind. Believe me guys "Just following orders" or Fear is not good enough.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome ks. I empathize with where you are. I DA'd two years ago and am still trying to sort out my place in the universe. It's a mindf*#k really to find out the truth about the truth. I've blogged about my journey if you're interested. You may be able to relate to some of it. www.tallpenguin.com

Enjoy the board and post often. It's cathartic to have such a great group of people to share your journey with. And congrats on getting an education. It will serve you well.

tall penguin

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Knowledge Seeker, you sound so kind when I read your post. Even before I got to the end, I had a tender spot for you. I am so proud of you for pursuing your education. Keep on. You are at the perfect age. There are so many posters from the UK. Surely you live near some, and when they have a party, you will be able to go, and meet up with them.

At the parties, no, they don't bash Witnesses, 100%. Just a litte ribbing. I really want you to meet someone, from the UK. You and her, sound like you would really hit it off.

Again, WELCOME. I gotta go find Crumpet. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CRUMPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I got a guy for YOU!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh now your PM to me makes sense Knowledgeseeker! I did wonder! Horriblelife and I met in Dallas in May at an Apostafest and hopefully will be meeting again at the end of this year.

KS - we're having a meal and a meet up in London on 1st December. I'm kind of taken, but I am an incorrigible flirt and I think I could make you feel right at home in no time. Check out the UK funLovers thread in the apostasection if you fancy coming.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Hi KS,

Welcome to the board. I share a similar JW background and a similar awakening. Its been about a year for me as well and its been difficult but worth it. Posting on this board can be great therapy and there are some folks can provide great insight and perspective on the issues associated with leaving the org. I wish you much success in your studies.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Congrats on seeing the light, or, is that darkness? The break w old friends and family is tough. It is also a pain that lingers. Perhaps that is why some elders stay elders for a time, even though they know better.

Congratulations on choosing a vocation that makes a difference. Your work as a doctor will carry on as a testament to your existence.

As well, you should be able to meet many quality people in your line of work, friends to replace what you may lose.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit