Studying To Save Lives Again!

by KnowlegeSeeker_UK 35 Replies latest jw friends

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

I have served as a JW since 1986, im now nearly 30 yrs old. I pioneered, I served at Bethel then I read the bible............. OH ! Hang on..... something doesnt seem right. I researched and discovered the Rand Cam cover up, whilst at bethel I was questioned over The Guardians article concerning The UN library card.

I was very good at answering, I was very good with talks, I was destined for big things, But I knew that it wasnt adding up. I have an inbuilt desire to learn and I endeavour to seek as much knowlege as I can. Elders even now will admit I have a greater understanding and 'academic' knowlege of the truth and the bible. But I cant carry on any longer, all my friends are JW's, my family that I care about are too, I know that in some wayt they look to me for my opinion on the truth, but I cant tell them.

I have been inactive for a year, i have stopped attending meetings, I am unable to be hypocritical. My friends are so bewildered, i love them so much and I know they love me. Due to my past and achievments in the truth i have been able to carry on with immunity, they assume im going through a tough patch. The elders know that I must have seen or figured something out, they dont come near. The few times Iv crossed paths with elders i have come out on top in scriptual terms.Our family personally experienced the elders covering up issues that should have gone to the authorities. It angers me greatly.

BUT , even though i left school with 10GCSE's I pioneered, I went to bethel, I went to every quick build. But now, despite the uncomfortable district assembly, despite the comments such as "Oh yeah, cos well need that in the new system..." I am studying to save lives again. Every lecture I attend, life, real life becomes more clear, clarity and vision is returning and distaste at the controlling Watchtower empire grows. My friends and family are gaining suspicion, i mock WT thoughts, i mock plainly unscriptual rules and regulations, no jeans or t-shirts in the evenings after a district assembly was an easy target. They can see in my eyes that I am no longer buying it. In a recent elders meeting with some of my family relating to a family issue, i berated them and roared at every improper piece of advice or comment. They fear me, i dont respect them. My sister compared me to a member of the mafia defending his family before the elders. But what now............

I have returned to education and Im studying to become a Doctor. I have to admit I have learned alot of academic skills from the organisation. But then i did invest over 20 years of my life. 20 years for the ability to speak well before a class....hmmm what a deal !! I love people, I like humanity, i have hope in human goodness. I want to save lives for real, not by knocking doors and pointing them towards a conglomerate coporation. I want to REALLY help people, REALLY stave off disease, REALLY stop pain, REALLY hold back death and REALLY prolong LIFE. And... I will

But saying all this, I feel scared , I feel lonely. I have been torn in two for the recent past, I have craved a partner to love, but I knew the fellow JW girls, despite their beauty both inward and outward, I couldnt in all conscience marry one knowing how I felt about the truth. (you should have seen them flock at a party recently when they found out I was studying medicine, one girl asked to marry me!). But in blunt honesty, im left lonely, nearly 30, a virgin and in a big big world, where everyone else is miles ahead of me in many ways, despit my academic awareness and good social skills. My fellow students cant for the life of them work out why im single, imagine if they knew i was 100% pure, LOL. or rather COL.

Hope to talk to some of you, befriend you and move away from the controlling society of power hungry nobodies. They are but men, I dont claim to be any more than that myself. I just want to be a good person. Hope my first post reaches the right people, im not intrested in tearing JW's up, i love alot of them, feel sorry for alot of them, and lets admit we have all been where they are all now, so lets not mock. I want to grow up now not cut others down.

A new member of the community. Its took some doing, just to do this......... Phew.............So....well.... Hi x

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Hello and Welcome!

Pull up a chair, stay a while, there is much family love here. By that I mean that some will be brutal in their honesty but are all well intentioned.

I am not or never have been a witness, but am married to an inactive witness. You'll see some of that situation here also. Those affected trying to understand and cope.

Hope these folks can at least be a caring shoulder.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Although I wont have the time to respond to your topic within the next week, I would like to welcome you to the board, and to encourage you to pursue your medical career with all of your might.

Dave

• horrible life
    horrible life

Knowledge Seeker, you sound so kind when I read your post. Even before I got to the end, I had a tender spot for you. I am so proud of you for pursuing your education. Keep on. You are at the perfect age. There are so many posters from the UK. Surely you live near some, and when they have a party, you will be able to go, and meet up with them.

At the parties, no, they don't bash Witnesses, 100%. Just a litte ribbing. I really want you to meet someone, from the UK. You and her, sound like you would really hit it off.

Again, WELCOME. I gotta go find Crumpet. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CRUMPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I got a guy for YOU!!!!!!!

• tula
    tula

Hi and welcome.

I have a family member who was a nurse. She gave up her profession when she became a JW and went out door-knocking.

I tried so hard to tell her....if you REALLY want to help people...and you really want to give away your time to something charitable...why don't you go and innoculate the babies in third world countries?

I tried so hard to tell her that she had a great capacity to help people in the profession she had chosen.

But she was already brainwashed by then, I guess. I imagine many JWs misconstrue the advice and good intentions of others to mean "more persecution, I must be doing the right thing."

What branch of medicine are you considering?

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Sit down and rest your weary mind

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

Man iv, just finished writing the thing. hi and thx. I have alot of pals I love in the truth still, im at a tough stage, where they dont wana let go of me n i dont wana let go of them, i love them dearly, id die for them. But i cant live a lie for them. Besides, this boy needs some lovin LOL. im kidding. I take this all VERY VERY seriously. Im crapping myself.. I really should see a doctor...lol. Im hoping to branch into Emergency medicine. I dont want to give a great deal away about myself, You may think me paranoid but I'm not naieve enuf to think the gestapo dont monitor this site. Iv just applied to 4 universities though. Im currently studying in Manchester and I have my first exams this week. Scary. Im such a dumbass, fancy doing this now of all times, max stress.

P.S. u will all soon hate me for my useless wifi keyboard that causes typo's by the dozen nmnhnohh. hee hee, Oh crap i wonder if the society have the means to access Pc World purchase records....

• marmot
    marmot

Hi, nice to meet someone else who's trying to figure things out.

My advice is to take it slow. Things are going to be very overwhelming for a long while, give yourself lots of time to start opening up outside of the watchtower society.

Another thing you're going to have to reconcile is your faith. You say you thirst for knowledge but I'm warning you that you might discover things that put into question your very purpose in life.

Personally, that made me an atheist but your own discoveries will lead you to your own conclusions.

Again, nice to meet you.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

welcome friend

You are blessed to have discovered that the TRUTH really isn't the truth at 30 years old. Take advantage of your situation get fully involved in your medical studies and stay inactive and miss meetings on a regular basis you can use the excuse of school studies to do and to little time to do it. Be kind and loving to your family and be evasive to the elders you don't need to tell them or your family more then they need to know about how you really feel about the WT org or as many call it the (BORG). Remember there is real life after the watchtower system enjoy it.

• KnowlegeSeeker_UK
    KnowlegeSeeker_UK

yes,

I've ponderd that im giving up a massive belief system. And to put it into context, i still get phone calls now about how to xyz in the ministry, or if this happens in the hall ... or where do i stand if.... i know the truth inside out, i got to know "jehovah" inside out. Problem is it doesnt add up when you stand in the middle of it all. I read scriptures that were taken out of context, the FDS being one, a faithfull and discreet slave, its an obvious parable, no more a prophecy than the good samaritan. If you read the bible it reads as a book of amazing and intresting stories and accounts, not as laws and identifying glimpses of the future (unless stating they are). And in seeing all this reality bit...hard!

Leaving all that is darkening, Its darkest depth being that in a hundred years ill be dead, long forgotten, so will everyone i loved and laughed with. No one will know, no one will care. Its freightening, saddening but..... reality. They say the truth is hard because of satans system of things. No the truth is hard because its a reality, death, sickness, poverty, war, injustice, baseball and the Germans !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit