six billion dead bodies?

by inkling 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling

Ok, I am having a bit of an friendly argument with my wife, and I need your help.
    (ok, fine- feel free to help her if she turns out to be right)

Does the Watchtower ACTUALLY teach that all others besides witnesses will be
    killed at Armageddon?

I find that when pressed, many witnesses will say that NO, they don't belive
    that 6 billion people will be killed. What is the official WT stance on this?

I say the WT implies and encourages the only-jw-saved model, but my wife
    thinks that is NOT officially taught, and that only a few witness think and
    preach that.

Is there some reference you can point me to where this doctrine is explicitly
    taught?

[inkling]

• M.J.
    M.J.

Ok, I was going to search around for quotes I remember on this but aha, I see jwfacts has it compiled very nicely.

check it out:

http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/salvation.htm

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

that is official JW doctrine only JWs will make it through the big A. All others are to be killed and turned into soylent green because Jehobby will have to resurect all l00 billion dead persons so there will be standing room only.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Actually, 6.6 billion at last count.

Yes indeed -- you must be on the ark of salvation (Jah's organization) before the door slams shut. There aren't multiple arks. That's what they teach.

• Open mind
    Open mind

It is such an evil, insane, horrific idea that the WT does not dare to condense it into a single sentence.

However, the concept is there, ready and waiting for JW zealots to grab onto it and connect the dots.

It was in the material covered by the Book Study about 6 weeks ago. I don't have the exact reference at hand right now. It's towards the end of a chapter in the Revelation Climax book that includes a picture of "bright-eyed" JWs walking out of the Great Tribulation into the new world. One guy looks like he's an Argentinian gaucho, complete with the distinctive hat. Oh yeah, and there's also a picture of people standing around a grassy creek in their finest, ultra-generic "Go to Kingdom Hall" garb.

Anyway, if you find that part of the Rev Book, there are a series of paragraphs that discuss what actions are necessary for survival through the Great Trib. If you first ask yourself the question: Will non-JWs survive? and then read the paragraphs, there's no way you can come to any other conclusion. They even put the fear screws to inactive and irregular JWs.

I brought this to my wife's attention not too long ago and she agreed that's what was being taught. She doesn't believe it herself.

Open Mind

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

More quotes:

*** sr 1955 pp. 340-342 The Universal War of Armageddon Breaks Out ***

Why should not blood run deep and far with over two billion [the world population in 1955] dead? Was there ever a war of the length of Armageddon's duration that left even a billion dead? .... With the members of this generation that will not pass away before Armageddon breaks out numbering now two billion five hundred million and with only the remnant and a larger group of "other sheep" inside the Greater Noah's "ark" surviving, the death toll of the "war of the great day of God the Almighty" will be appallingly all-surpassing, too many for the Armageddon survivors to bury. Come on, birds and beasts! Have your fill then from the human corpses in retribution for the wanton slaughter of animal and birdlife of which the human race has been guilty!

*** w58 10/15 pp. 614-615 What Will Armageddon Mean to You ***

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth’s billions these are indeed few.... On Satan’s side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions.... Armageddon will be the worst thing ever to hit this earth in the history of man.

*** w65 4/1 p. 212 Fulfulling the New Commandment of Love ***

Yes, today, with Armageddon staring us in the face, we must keep in mind the sobering thought that millions, even billions, of lives may shortly come to a swift and decisive end, putting their onetime owners beyond the reach of any expression of love on our part.

• VM44
    VM44

Don't forget about the anti-matter that will also be used!

• inkling
    inkling

thank you for your speedy comments!

It didnt take long to find these myself on the WT CD:

kupp.17-19par.26FromKurukshetratoArmageddon—andYourSurvival***

26 Of this historical preview of Armageddon, the Bible says: "For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37-39) So the circumstances relating to the end of our world order at Armageddon will be similar to those associated with the ancient Deluge. They will be: (1) The planet Earth and its animal life will survive; (2) the significance of our times is missed by most people through preoccupation with the normal processes of life; (3) the majority of mankind take no note of the divine warning of Armageddon; (4) hence the majority of mankind will be destroyed at Armageddon; and (5) only a small minority of mankind will find favour with God and survive the "war of the great day of God the Almighty." (Revelation 16:14) Consequently, it is most advisable for wise persons to continue to investigate this message about God’s war, and how to survive.

w517/15p.446QuestionsFromReaders***

What this means to us today is that those now living in this time of judgment and who fail for one reason or another to take a stand for Jehovah, and are therefore slain by him at the battle of Armageddon, will not be retained in his memory for a resurrection. That this group will include the majority of humans now living on earth is shown by Jeremiah 25:33: "The slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground." These vast numbers slain by Jehovah and likened to dung strewn over the earth could hardly be considered as being "in the memorial tombs" for Christ to remember and call forth during the Millennium.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

RANT ALERT:

I call BULL$#!& !!! That really ticks me off.

They TEACH and BELIEVE it - they just don't want to ADMIT it because even they know how STUPID it makes the religion look.

I never would have truly admitted it either 6 months ago. I would have given the standard BS reply "Jah gives everyone a chance to learn the truth and only he can judge hearts."

Give me a break. I hate those bastards in Brooklyn.

• Dagney
    Dagney

They used to have that question posted on the official WTBS website; I just checked and it's not there anymore. But the response was something to the affect that "we are not the judge" nonsense (yeah, when have they ever not been judges?).

It has been clearly stated in the past one had to be baptized or of a young enough age to fall under their parents control to be saved. It was a requirement to be baptized, and the feeling is still pretty much the same, hence the push for young ones to get dunked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit