Do Witnesses REALLY Care About Other People?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think so.

To me, the vast majority of JWs become Witnesses because they desire everlasting life. They want to live in paradise. They love feeling special. They might go thru the motions but in reality, they don't show real diligence to reach people with their "life saving message". Once a person is converted, they are pretty much on their own. The "love" isn't all that real, especially if you express a difference of opinion. If you get sick or become elderly, forget it! Expect a life of depression.

Honestly, i think that most Jehovah's Witnesses care about themselves more than anyone else. Their self-sacrifcing love is not readily apparent.

Unhappy people cannot produce happy people. Self centered persons will never really care about anything except their own interests.

• JH
    JH
    i think that most Jehovah's Witnesses care about themselves more than anyone else

I noticed many selfish JW's throughout the years.

• snowbird
  • avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The bigger question is "do we care about other people"

No disrespect mini, but worrying about others will never make us a better person, it matters not what others do but rather what we do. Things on the outside mean little, kinda like a really well built person that has a terminal disease on the inside, kinda like worrying about whether someone else is investing their money properly.

Who are we too question anothers heart, motives, desires, feelings, attitude and so forth.

Respectfully, abr

• blondie
    blondie

One of the November WT study articles has several paragraphs trying to get the rank and file to love the public and go in field service. If I have time I will post the pertinent statements later this week.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    One of the November WT study articles has several paragraphs trying to get the rank and file to love the public and go in field service

What does that tell you, love comes from the heart not educating others on how it should be done, True love comes naturally, can any of imagine going through marriage and having to tell the other mate on how to show love. Would it be true love or just a mental love that is prompted by continual badgering?

abr

• minimus
    minimus

If a religion has to teach a person to love, there's something drastically wrong.

Regarding "caring" about a loved one, I see "no natural affection" in many families. The elderly are a burden to families. The culture here makes it easy to ignor those in need because everyone's just too busy.

• Xena
    Xena

The bigger question is "do we care about other people"

No disrespect mini, but worrying about others will never make us a better person, it matters not what others do but rather what we do. Things on the outside mean little, kinda like a really well built person that has a terminal disease on the inside, kinda like worrying about whether someone else is investing their money properly.

Who are we too question anothers heart, motives, desires, feelings, attitude and so forth.

Respectfully, abr

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thank you Zena, I too need to work on this, prone as everyone else to look away from the mirror

abr

• Xena
    Xena

It's a human frailty we all have to work on I think abr, even me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit