Has anyone ever accidently left a child behind?

by pmouse 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pmouse
    pmouse

Many years ago when I was much younger, my family went boating with another young family. There were a total of seven children and four adults. After our outing, we loaded up the life jackets, food, drink, towels, boat and children and jumped into the van.

As we pulled away from the parking lot, one of us glanced out the window and there was poor little Joey running after the van wailing. Of course we stopped and turned around, but felt terrible that we had neglected the most important part of our trip.

Luckily for us, this had a happy ending. I know for others, it may not have been especially when each of us lives such a busy life.

Have you ever done this?

• John Doe
    John Doe

We used to eat at the Dairy Queen after the meeting every Sunday when I was a kid. I got left at that restaurant on two separate occasions. I was younger than 10 when this happened, and it was a very low feeling. To top it off, they told me they realized I wasn't in the car when they got to thinking how quiet it was. Gee, thanks dad!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey pmouse, good to see you posting again.

When I was seeing to my very difficult mother, I was getting ready to take her to the doctor one afternoon. I had everything set, when one of my grandkids came from one of the rooms in the back of the house. In the hustle and bustle, I'd completely forgotten that she was out of school with a cold.

If she hadn't come up front, I would have locked her in the house with no way out. We have bars on the windows and doors, so I shudder to think what may have happened had I left her. She's a really quiet one so it's easy to forget she's around. I gave her a big hug of gratitude before we all piled into the car and headed for the doctor.

Things like this can happen to the most conscientious of us.

Sylvia

• Gayle
    Gayle

My brother when he was about 7. We (parents & 5 kids) were on a trip in station wagon of which he was in the way back with luggage in between,, stopped at the gas station, and about 5 minutes of back on the road finally was noticed he wasn't in the car.. The gas station owner told him he'd be okay and he could live on his farm with lots of horses and animals.. He was so disappointed we came back.

• Clam
    Clam

OH BUGGER - NOW YOU'VE REMINDED ME!

• restrangled
    restrangled

When my youngest son was between 2 and 3, we had friends in and all went to Universal Studios for New Years Eve. The place was packed. We all went into a dark theater to see a show. I was holding his one hand and my husband was holding the other. As we entered, a huge crowd was coming out. In the dark my son pulled his hand away, but becuase he was between my husband, and I, and couldn't see, I just assumed he was still in front of me with his dad. He had also pulled away from his father's hand and my husband had assumed the same as me.

We sat down and watched the show....each of us thinking our child was on the other side of the other parent.

We found out later he was swept away with the outgoing crowd, down an elevator and wandered alone into the streets of Universal Studios! After the show, we both realized he wasn't there and went into shear panic. Everyone with us was running everywhere. We searched for about 20 minutes, this was in addition to a 20 minute show!

We thought he was gone forever! I was too scared to cry....no employees had seen him, ......but we kept searching. We ran into the Nickelodean show and there he was,..... on stage! One of the employees had figured he was lost after he wandered in and distracted him by putting him into the current show.

When I got a hold of that boy, I never cried so hard in my life. He clung to me, and I clung to him both of us sobbing with relief!

That was the worst scare I have ever had in my life!

r.

• pmouse
    pmouse

My husband walked home from elementary school one afternoon and was focused in on a brand new globe (he had always wanted one!). It wasn't until he turned around and saw the rest of the interior of the house that he realized the other stuff didn't belong to his family.

Evidently his parents had neglected to tell him that was the day they were moving. Poor kid. I think he never quite got over it.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Yeah. The public edukashin system in the U.S.

• pmouse
    pmouse

Oh Restrangled....I can imagine how awful that was! I know mine got away from me a couple of times, not far, but enough to scare the tweet out of me! They are so fast sometimes it seems they can move in the blink of an eye!

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I've never forgotten my own children but I was left at the kingdom hall more than once as a small child...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit