• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

I just wanted to say position and climax in the same sentence.......oompa

Good stuff! ROTFLMAO

CCS

• Gopher
    Gopher

Awakened07,

This is the annual meeting of the WT Society , not an assembly. Every October the members of the corporation meet and have a general meeting (with the special invitees and Bethelites) and then talk about corporate business.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

True, the Governing Body is not divinely inspired. They even admit it. And, of course their flipflops and poor decisions prove it true.

But, why do they insist on being obeyed as if they were divinely inspired? Obeying the Governing Body is equated to obeying God. What happens if they make a major error that costs people their lives? Or, if they make a stupid mistake, reverse it, and then go back to it? I cannot recall one case where someone committed a "sin" and got disfellowshipped, the doctrine was reversed in favor of the person that did it, and the disfellowshipping was revoked. In fact, they keep the person disfellowshipped for disobeying the "slave". What crap!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

But, why do they insist on being obeyed as if they were divinely inspired? Obeying the Governing Body is equated to obeying God. What happens if they make a major error that costs people their lives? Or, if they make a stupid mistake, reverse it, and then go back to it? I cannot recall one case where someone committed a "sin" and got disfellowshipped, the doctrine was reversed in favor of the person that did it, and the disfellowshipping was revoked. In fact, they keep the person disfellowshipped for disobeying the "slave". What crap!

Okay....so WHY DO THEY demand that they MUST be obeyed in whatever they print when they then turn around and admit they are NOT divinely inspired and just "diligent" bible students? I sure would like to hear how they explain this when asked. Then again....why BOTHER to ask.....the reply would be loaded with Watchtowerspeak and cleverly contrived babble anyway.

• flipper
    flipper

Lets see here. First thing I noticed was Jackson's comments I believe he said, " We must obey regardless of what is asked of us. " WOW1 Is that cult speak or what ? O.K. all witnesses go jump off the empire state building ? Believe me, they'd all probably do it for Jehovah !

Also, I think one of them said, " It doesn't mean that the slave is not the means Jehovah is using " ! Yet in the same breath a little later they say, " The governing body is not inspired and neither are the publications. " O.K. then if they are not inspired then they are NOT the means Jehovah is using ! Makes sense to me ! Slam dunk ! 2 points, end of story. Stick a fork in the " unfaithful and indiscreet slave ". They talk out of both sides of their mouth to decieve

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Quandry:

Many thanks for the notes!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Definitely, the Kool-Aid is in the fridge.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Faithful and Discreet Slave are not inspired so they are going to err. John 16:12 Jesus said process would be gradual. The first of Faithful and Discreet Slave did not know how many would make up the group until 96 CE. Work being done well without knowing that. Adjustments will be necessary but that does not mean that slave is not the means Jehovah is using. We are in a time of greater increasing of light the unveiling of which is gradual.

Someone hand me a barf bag please!!

It's sickening to hear this garbage over and over and over.........

No matter how many screw ups they make, they MUST be obeyed.

R.F.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Quandry,

Thank you for posting this! I found this statement to make not one bit of sence! "We of the Governing body have not always had the right understanding. The Gov. Body is not inspired and neither are the publications. It is the Holy Spirit that helps us to find the correct understanding".See what the dictionary has to say regarding "inspired" v.s. "spirit directed". They are just trying to cover all bases even if they make no sence it won't matter because their followers have given up their brains at the door years ago!

Dictionary "Inspired": Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

in·spire alt / ?n'spa? ? r / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ in-spahy uh altr ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -spired, -spir·ing. –verb (used with object)

1.to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
    2.to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
    3.to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
    4.to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
    5.to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
    6.to communicate or suggest by a divine or supernatural influence: writings inspired by God.
    7.to guide or control by divine influence.
    8.to prompt or instigate (utterances, acts, etc.) by influence, without avowal of responsibility.
    9.to give rise to, bring about, cause, etc.: a philosophy that inspired a revolution.
    10.to take (air, gases, etc.) into the lungs in breathing; inhale.
    11.Archaic .
    a.to infuse (breath, life, etc.) by breathing (usually fol. by into).
    b.to breathe into or upon.

–verb (used without object)

12.to give inspiration.
    13.to inhale.

"Spirit Directed" Spirit = Holy Spirit Dictionary" Directed" Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This di·rect·ed alt / d?'r?kaltt?d, da?- / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ di-rek-tid, dahy- ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective

1.guided, regulated, or managed: a carefully directed program.
    2.subject to direction, guidance, regulation, etc.
    3.Mathematics . (of an angle or vector) having positive or negative direction or orientation assigned

Hmmmm!!! Seems like maybe they need to get a good copy of the dictionary because being inspied means the exact thing as being directed!!!!!! Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

THANK YOU!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit