How many of you are still affected by "Armageddon?"

by Soledad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

I guess that I have gotten over Armagedophobia. If the end comes, oh well. Just break out a good pair of sunglasses and watch it all go down.

I have no dread of this happening. The worst that I could do is die.

JK

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Personally, I have no fear of Armageddon.

If it is coming I am sure I'll be fine - that is, if God is truly a God of love who is able to read hearts.

However, if God is a vindictive asshole like the WT portrays him as - then I'm a dead man, but as Changeling said I would never serve such a horrible creature anyway.

Peace to all,

The Oracle

• Soledad
    Soledad

See what happens to me is that I make a goal and then I sort of consciously/unconsciously set a time line for when "the end" should be here, so my goals end up somewhat short-sighted. It's a habit for me to think this way but I didn't realize that until recently. I've been out of the org for almost 10 years! I wonder what's up with that and what I should do about it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm still affected it was such a dismall event back in 75. I left the wactower socitey. I'm affected in a good way. I dont have to go to meetings now that we are in the new order. I'm free.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I know I am, or at least now I'm finally willing to admit it. When making future plans, I still have "Jehovah's Day" in the back of my mind. I never caught myself doing that until fairly recently, and I just realized that it was holding me back in many ways. How about you?

I do, just about every day. I won't say it holds me back. It's just there. Probably because I do believe that "Day" will come, sooner or later, but unlike the WTS, I believe the Bible where it says "no one knows the day or the hour". Just live your life and when it comes, it comes. If Jah is just, then there will be quite a few witnesses who do not survive, but excuse me for judging those who judge me! Warlock

• FairMind
    FairMind
    I still believe there is a God that's gonna clean this whole mess up.

I agree! Those of us who believe what the Bible teaches (don't have to be a JW for that) should live every day knowing that God and Jesus are pleased when we are doing our best to be godly persons.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

About a two months ago, it was as if someone flipped a switch in my head and now its not important to me anymore.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you for being honest about that. I didnt realize you still believed in Armageddon, or still had a timeline in your head about it. The day I first came online and discovered that the WT Society lied and covered up, well the fear of Armageddon vanished. I no longer worry about 5-10 years into the future. I do still believe the bible is true, and I do still believe Armageddon will happen, BUT it will not be the same armageddon the JW's taught, nor do I believe it will happen in my lifetime. So in brief, NO, I no longer allow that false teaching of the JW Cult to influence me, at least not since Dec. 1997.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have no fear of Armageddon. They wanted me to just meet men, which was an arrangement that was not acceptable. And, they played that card on me with the comparison of such rebellion to spiritism. Hence, anything I do after wanting some involvement with the opposite sex is wholly irrelevant, since I know Jehovah cannot everlastingly destroy me twice.

For that reason, I have absolutely nothing to worry about from extra punishment in the form of destruction for apostasy. Jehovah already wasted that card on something totally stupid, and now I am going to help Satan to ruin the Watchtower Society.

• oompa
    oompa

Yeah, I guess I am affected byit in the since that I have not already survived it and am busy turning this place back into a paradise while similtaneously studying with 4,847 carboncopyformercorpses. That being said said, I'm over it. I just dread the thought of old age and bad health......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit