How many of you are still affected by "Armageddon?"

by Soledad 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

I know I am, or at least now I'm finally willing to admit it. When making future plans, I still have "Jehovah's Day" in the back of my mind. I never caught myself doing that until fairly recently, and I just realized that it was holding me back in many ways. How about you?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I wouldn't say it effects me now. But it did for many years after having attended my last meeting. It didn't effect my so much in my planning of the future... but I couldn't watch the news. And any time a special news bulletin would come on my stomach would turn. I'd get nauseous and have to leave the room because I just knew it would be something about the UN banning all religion proving the JWs right and that it would be too late for me.

Good times... good times.

Jackie

• helncon
    helncon

For me it was many years after i think up untill about 3/4 years ago.

It was mainly the thinking that the end was coming with any major storm that we had i always thought that i had done something bad and i was being punished... silly hey!!!

Also any other major event that was happening in the world like major earthquakes or any civil wars that would happen.

I think once you have been out for many years and you have gotten a different midset and that you can know that in your heart that you are a good person and that you deserve to live thats how you go on.

Now i don't know if this 'Armageddon' will ever happen in my lifetime or in my childrens life time or ever at all.

Look how long man has been on this earth. I guess im taking the way of if it happens it happens.

Helen

• changeling
    changeling

Here's how I see things now. It's the athiests wager: If there is no god, I'll be fine. If there is a god and he is indeed a loving and reasonable god, then if I live a good life, I'll be fine.

On the other hand, if there is a god, and he is a vindictive, cruel, narcissistic god who expects us to worship him "the right way or else", I'm screwed. But I refuse to worship such a horrible creature anyway. In the end I have the last word.

changeling

• BFD
    BFD

The armageddon factor is always in the back of my mind. I get nervous when I think about how close this world is to the brink. Man has become his worst enemy. God or not, that seems to be where we're at.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
    J. Robert Oppenheimer

BFD

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

For the longest time after I stopped going to the meetings I was, but no longer. The only "Armageddon" I fear is one started by man's own stupidity. On the one hand there's no god to destroy us, but on the other hand there's none to save us from ourselves.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I still have a reaction when I hear about a terrible world event or something really evil that happens to someone, but the difference is that I now recognise it as coming my from the JW conditioning process.

Maddie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Fact of the matter is, the END is coming. Maybe in 2 seconds an asteroid will smash into the gulf of mexico. In several million years the sun will take a dump. Dont know when 'armageddon' is coming but it is.

Live the time you have left well.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I still believe there is a God that's gonna clean this whole mess up.

• Magick
    Magick

i thought maybe the end of the world was happening during the morning of 9/11.

to me dying at armageddon is better than being tortured forever in hellfire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit