ever been duped.. Like really bad?

by Billzfan23 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

hey clipsy....no matter the sex of the offender....an asshole is an asshole

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Ok just to make you feel better:

A little over 2 years ago (a few months before I met my current husband), I met a guy named Ron. Ron helped me through my recent divorce by giving me someone to talk to. Ron was seeing a girl I met when he introduced me once. After we talked for a couple of months, feelings developed between us. The guy owned a construction company and I heared him talking to his employees on the phone when he would tell me to hold on for a sec while he answered a question. He lived with his brother (shared a big house) and drove a chevy SUV thing. (telling you this for a reason) When we were talking on the phone one night, he quickly told me bye and that he had to go. The next day he said it was his girlfriend and he broke up with her.

He wanted to date me and told her that he had fallen for another woman. They had a rough night and she finally left. Well, we started talking and planned a trip to Florida together a month later to really get to know each other (ahem ...). In the meantime, he called frantic one night because of problems with his ex-wife. They had agreed to have the kids on her insurance and he would give her the money for the insurance each month with his child support. Well, she took him to court and they made him pay for 3 years of insurance and he had like 2 weeks to come up with the money. He claimed it was due in 2 weeks. He maxed out his credit card and refinanced his suv to get some money out of it. He was short 400 bucks and I gave it to him. (never saw that again .. ) So right after that, he went back to court and didn't call me for a whole day. I got worried and called the jail to see if he was there. They said "No, he hasn't been incarcerated since 1998) WTF??! Then I called the girl he was seeing to ask if she knew anything. (They had remained "friends")

Well, this girl started cursing me for all I'm worth. Calling me a stalker and a F whore ... Apparently he had told her that I was just nuts and wouldn't leave him alone whlie they were still seeing each other! ... She wouldn't believe me. I convinced her to get him on 3 way calling later that night after I found him. He had a real hard time explaining to us both what had happend. AND .. I got a call from her a few days later to say that she called his brother and found out that Ron was unemployed, driving his brother's car, and didn't get the money for the court and went to JAIL !!! .. hahaha

So have I been dupped? YES .. The guy I thought was unattached, had a nice business, nice house, and a nice car -- Was an ex-con, had a girlfriend, no job, no house, and no car !!!

• eclipse
    eclipse

Ninja, true.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Your situation reminds me of why most are here. You were living a lie. Be greatful you never married this (fill in the blank). Trust everyone here! You have lots of time to find happiness- it IS out there. PLEASE-no rebounds. That's even worse!

• chelsea
    chelsea

Wow, that's an incredibly heartless thing she did there. Why pull a stunt like that??? Why make it such a grandiose one??? I suppose so she wouldn't have to be accountable for her choices. You seriously don't expect these things to happen in real life. I'm sorry for the pain she has caused you.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I worked with a guy for a year as a security guard. He told me he was a lawyer and I believed him and we carried on that way.

I told my son about him and he did some research and it turns out he wasnt a lawyer but a con man.

We were security guards in a very expensive gated community on a golf course and he was trying to befriend the residents I figure.

At one point he tried to con me and get my signature, which is when my son stepped in.

I believed he was a lawyer because he said he just moved down from connecticut and had to take the Florida bar exam and he was doing security while he was studying for the exam.

My wife met him one day and asked him where he worked as a lawyer. My wife knows a lot more people than I do. He gave my wife a name. And my wife knew the lawyer. My son called the lawyer and found out that this person had used the lawyers services for a real estate transaction but he was not a lawyer. The real lawyer wanted to go after my fraud friend for his telling people that he worked at his firm.

It was pretty bad having someone I would go out to dinner and take walks down the beach with being a fraud. I think he was setting me up and I got wise in time. He wasnt just setting me up, but anybody he could.

I cant say for sure he was a con man, in hind sight, I think he was. But, I am 999/10 sure he was not a lawyer. We searched the net and lawyer directorys for Florida, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusets and could not find his name.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

It's one thing to do that to an adult, but another to do that to your children. She's a coward and a fool...what a bitch!

Want me to beat her up??????? I will!!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm sorry that you were so badly duped. But maybe better to find out after just 3 months than after 3 years or a decade??

You didn't ask for advice and this is probably something you've already decided in light of this recent heartbreak -- Not a good idea to have someone you've only known for a few weeks move in with you, especially when you've got young children at home. Might be better to know them for a few months before introducing them to your daughter.

Sorry.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit