Do tattoos hurt?

by coolhandluke 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I will post photos of my tatts later tonight that I am getting removed, they itch like hell at the moment as the skin is healing from the laser treatment, it actually scabs up just like having a tattoo done in the first place.

My lesson - think very carefully about what you have done and where you have your ink placed.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

i agree. i thought about mine for probably a grand total of 10 years. they have meaning to me. and i am rather fond of the expressions and the experience. i'll be sad when i dont have any space on my back anymore but at the same time happy to have a completed piece of art. im considering the front now

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I've got about 95 hours worth of tattoo work.

When getting tattooed becomes a part of your life, you learn to accept the pain. Naturally, there are spots that make you jump a bit more than others, but you must learn to deal with it, as so many others have.

Immediately after the tattoo is over though, all that pain goes away, and the skin just feels warm like a sunburn. By keeping the tattoo moist with a thick creme lotion applied multiple times a day, you can avoid most of the itchies.

BigWilly, Get at me on myspace, I'll tell you all about how your apadravya is going to be. (Mine's 0g)

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    BigWilly, Get at me on myspace, I'll tell you all about how your apadravya is going to be. (Mine's 0g)

Will do sir. Since I've had to put it off for the last two weeks due to work *grrrrrr* I'm itching bad now. I'm interested to see how you feel about yours.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

When getting tattooed becomes a part of your life, you learn to accept the pain. Naturally, there are spots that make you jump a bit more than others, but you must learn to deal with it, as so many others have.

Immediately after the tattoo is over though, all that pain goes away, and the skin just feels warm like a sunburn.

agreed. the pain is part of it. an essential part of it for me. i crave it. it is a very unique relationship between artist and canvas. there is an amazing amount of trust involved. i love it. the idea of paying to have pain inflicted on you for a purpose is odd but so very very good

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    apadravya

I'm scared as hell of that. I don't think I could take it.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I'm definitely going to get it Dom, been thinking about it for the last several years. I'll let you know how it goes

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Very nice, CHL!

Oh dear! Even as I was reading the title of this thread, I could feel the needle on my ass again. LIke a hot iron brand.

Ditto!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Oh dear! Even as I was reading the title of this thread, I could feel the needle on my ass again. LIke a hot iron brand.
    Ditto!

i volunteer to supervise all ass needlings. i am an expert. this is purely scientific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit