It's already starting...sigh

by Dagney 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

hearts cold as stone, blood like ice water

after 9-11 they said things like" oh well they were going to die at Armageddon, and now they will get a resurrection"

• Vinny
    Vinny

Yet an entire country has banned them.

http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=54362

And another is censoring their literature.

http://www.forum18.org/Archive.php?article_id=1039

But Jehovah absolutely protected all the California JW's so the work can continue!

heh

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel
    after 9-11 they said things like" oh well they were going to die at Armageddon, and now they will get a resurrection"

• horrible life
    horrible life
    But Jehovah absolutely protected all the California JW's so the work can continue!

Did Jehovah protect them, because they are from the US? Because as we all know, Jehovah loves the US, and most of the 144,000 are from the US, and this is where his beloved printing presses are.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I didn't tell her that in the Fallbrook area my other friend told me quite a few lost their homes...I think he said a trailer park burned. Very sad for anybody.

But...I know she was egged on by an elder that lives up in the mountains and was giving the report...she really has more sense.

Your comments remind me of another thing. Remember a few years ago when a "sister" in the midwest was murdered and her baby was taken out of her? I was sitting with a couple of missionaries and we were talking about it. The wife made the comment about it happening to a "sister." I looked at her square in the eye and said something like "A SISTER!!!! It's a tragedy for anybody!" She didn't get it, and said "Yeah but it's a sister." The husband did get what I was saying and nervously said, "It's a tragedy for anybody." I looked at him like "yeah, nice save."

Sad thing is I remember feeling the same way when I was in the "JW club." I am embarrassed about it...how we/I we didn't even think about other people...very embarrassing.

Hey Snakes! How are you doing? I hope well. Have any good Indian food lately? The rest of my trip was just fine, thanks...even the JW relative part. I shouldn't have worried so much.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, I'm sure at least one victim was an unprogressive Bible study while at least one other Bible student was at a meeting or in field service when the blaze broke out.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It has been a long time, but I remember feeling like that - it's a religion that teaches it's OK not to love. I am soooooo glad not to be a JW.

• Fleur
    Fleur

oh geez. My mother will be all over that next time I speak to her.

I better take a dramamine in advance.

They are just so freaking self righteous, it's disgusting.

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit