Giving Talks in the Ministry School

by lovelylil 19 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

It seems like a long time ago, but I like research and would do a bit for talks. guess I liked it. Doubts built up for years, and then when I got more vocal about them and questioned more.......they quit giving me talks!!!!!!! So I graduated from the ministry school....very small class too from what I can tell........oompa

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

oompa,

Thats priceless! I never knew anyone who "graduated" from the Ministry School. Now others will know how to get their diploma too. Just start questioning and let the elders know you have doubts..... then no more talks. Brilliant! Lilly

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When I stepped down as elders I stopped doing any and all assignments. The elders dare not ask.

• JK666
    JK666

Being publicly reproved with restrictions always worked, as did the eventual disfellowshipping.

JK

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I got out of doing the talks also. Over 10 years ago I left during the Sunday public talk. Never went into a KH since. I never answered the door. Change my phone #. Also put up a do not disturb sign on my door. Just went cold turkey it works great!!. I just disappeared. Once or twice when I am out shopping I think I see someone from that cong but I forgot what they look like so I am not sure. Its like a distant memory. (the gossip the back biting the talks wow)

• ush419
    ush419

I am not in the school and won't be, they don't have a school at least not in the concept of a school I am familiar with. I have been an instructor and have been to college so I know what a school is suppose to be and the Kingdumb Misey School isn't it. So when asked I just say no, no way, won't be in the supposed school, and when you really get a school then maybe I will consider it. They looked at me like I was an ET or something and haven't bothered me since.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I did not hate giving talks when I believed the garbage.

In the same session with the elders that I told them I was done being an elder,
    I told them I would not be on the school. They tried to get me to keep giving the
    5 minute talks but I said, "NO, I withdraw from the school."

There is no way I was going to pretend this stuff anymore. You reach a
    tipping point.

• Purza
    Purza

When I was a kid I loved giving talks. My dad would write the whole thing out for me and then I just had to read it. He stopped doing that when I was about 20. LOL

I have to say that giving talks was good practice for public speaking. I took a public speaking course at the community college and easily received an A. And now, I do not have much problem getting up in front of a group of people at work to speak. For me, that was one bonus of the TMS.

Purza

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, with no privileges, there's no "school" to worry about.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Want them to quit giving you talks in the Ministry School?..Go up ill prepared,and do some Stand up Bible Comedy!..LOL!!....If your funny..The audience will laugh,but the conductor won`t.....At least that`s my experience..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit