water to wine---trick revealed

by tula 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

An ethnobotanist in Santa Cruz, California, thinks Jesus was munching magic mushrooms at the Last Supper. Clark Heinrich says man has enjoyed the psychedelic effects of mushrooms since thousands of years before Christ -- and figured the King of Kings probably turned on as well.

In fact, he thinks Jesus was high on a psychedelic 'shroom known as "fly agaric" which was hailed for its taste as well as its trips.

Heinrich says the mushroom resembles pita bread and when soaked with water it feels exactly like human skin. He figures that's the bread that Jesus was referring to at the last supper when he said "eat this bread, this is my body."

But that's not the only way Jesus might have doled out psychedelics. Heinrich says people who eat lots of shrooms have a reddish-orange urine that's even more hallucinogenic -- and figures the almighty turned water into wine by whizzing into a five-gallon jug of H20.

Heinrich is the author of a new book, "Magic Mushrooms In Religion And Alchemy"

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

interesting, in spite of the probability that Jesus is fictional.

• tula
    tula

This could give "memorial" a whole new meaning!

And a whole new MENU!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Magic shrooms, eh?

I think the real trick was for some 2nd century writers to write an account to create a hero and cult figure out of a failed revolutionary. Throwing in some miracles makes the story that much more mystical.

• tnangel73
  • LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Since there is no record of this event outside of the book of John, written by an anonymous writer, I see no reason to attempt to explain it any more than I would explain the inner workings of a lightsaber.

But that's pretty cool with the mushroom tinted urine:

Half tempted to try that...

Kidding

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• monophonic
    monophonic

would be time to go back to meetings if 'shrooms were handed out before the meeting. then coke to stay awake. then bong hits to not get too speedy on the coke.

where's my suit and tie?

• James Free
    James Free

It just goes to show a writer can make the most ridiculous hypothesis into a book - in fact, the more way out, the more chance that someone will buy and read it.

• poppers
    poppers
    It just goes to show a writer can make the most ridiculous hypothesis into a book - in fact, the more way out, the more chance that someone will buy and read it.

There are lots of people that would agree with you, even applying that statement to the Bible.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Theres no eyewitness accounts to there ever having been a Jesus in the bible. So it's kind of foolish to try to change a fantasy story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit