Lefties shocked! Sign of the End?

by JeffT 54 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jeff,

Every public officer, and every other person receiving money on behalf or for or on account of the people of the state or of any department of the state government or of any bureau or fund created by law in which the people are directly or indirectly interested, or for or on account of any county, city, town, or any school, diking, drainage, or irrigation district, who:

(1) Appropriates to his or her own use or the use of any person not entitled thereto, without authority of law, any money so received by him or her as such officer or otherwise; or

(2) Knowingly keeps any false account, or makes any false entry or erasure in any account, of or relating to any money so received by him or her; or

(3) Fraudulently alters, falsifies, conceals, destroys, or obliterates any such account; or

(4) Willfully omits or refuses to pay over to the state, its officer or agent authorized by law to receive the same, or to such county, city, town, or such school, diking, drainage, or irrigation district or to the proper officer or authority empowered to demand and receive the same, any money received by him or her as such officer when it is a duty imposed upon him or her by law to pay over and account for the same,

is guilty of a class B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in a state correctional facility for not more than fifteen years.

[2003 c 53 § 219; 1992 c 7 § 37; 1909 c 249 § 317; RRS § 2569. Prior: Code 1881 § 890; 1873 p 202 § 92; 1854 p 91 § 83.]

This is not the evidence that supports your claim. This section applies to an INDIVIDUAL who steals taxpayers money. This is a criminal offence and is not related in any way to the point we are discussing!

I am looking for evidence that you stated was a GOVERNMENTAL fraud, that is, that taxes collected for one purpose could not be re-allocated for another purpose in time of need and is an act of fraud.

Thank you.

HS

• JeffT
    JeffT

You know you are absolutely and completely correct. You haven't heard of it, therefore it doesn't exist.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JeffT,

You know you are absolutely and completely correct. You haven't heard of it, therefore it doesn't exist.

You are being disengenous here.

It was YOU who disagreed with my statement that governments use taxes collected for one purpose and reallocate it for another purpose when needs arise. You made clear statements, more than once, that this was an act of fraud. You left no way open for yourself in your categorical statements.

I have tried to enourage you to post evidence that what I state is defined as fraud as you have claimed more than once on this thread. I gave examples as to this having occured, and you tried to suggest that this was UK thinking and did not happen in the US. When I asked for evidence for your statements you posted as "evidence" the situation where an individual working for government STEALS tax money, a quite different scenario altogether. The is a criminal act by an individual.

It is far more graceful for you to admit that you were wrong rather than trying to muddy the issue as you do in your statement above.

Best regards - HS

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hillary_step:

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Never!

But I'm off to India for a few weeks so I'll have to bow out of this discussion. It's been fun.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Funky,

But I'm off to India for a few weeks so I'll have to bow out of this discussion. It's been fun.

Have a wonderful time!

I spent a few months in Bombay in the late 80's and it was one of the most defining experiences of my life. It is hard to explain how, but once there, you will know what I mean.

Take care Derek and travel safely.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit