Revelation - Locusts

by LtCmd.Lore 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Yeah, this is kind of late, but I need something to rant about:

The Revelation Climax book, chapter 22, about the locusts. If you're in a hurry or bore easily, just skip to the summary typed in red and blue text.

It's pathetic! None of it makes any sense at all...

Here are a few examples:

*** re chap. 22 p. 144 par. 9 The First Woe—Locusts ***

What battle instructions did those locusts receive? John reports: “And they were told to harm no vegetation of the earth nor any green thing nor any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads. And it was granted the locusts, not to kill them, but that these should be tormented five months, and the torment upon them was as torment by a scorpion when it strikes a man. And in those days the men will seek death but will by no means find it, and they will desire to die but death keeps fleeing from them.”—Revelation 9:4-6.

One problem that is never addressed... According to the society, the locusts are the modern day annointed on earth. (I think it's only the annointed anyway due to the whole crown thing... but they're never clear on anything. It might be ALL JW's but it still applies.) Who spend their lives stinging the religious leaders with their message.

But these are the same people who printed the tract that fulfilled the first trumpet blast, which resulted in a third of the vegetation being burned up.

(Revelation 8:7) 7 And the first one blew his trumpet. And there occurred a hail and fire mingled with blood, and it was hurled to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees was burned up, and all the green vegetation was burned up.

So if this was fullfilled by the annointed printing that tract, and the annointed are the locusts, then the locusts burned up a third of the vegetation.

Simple right?

So the locusts can not be the annointed, because the locusts are not allowed to harm the vegetation, and the annointed DID.

Next problem:

*** re chap. 22 p. 144 par. 10 The First Woe—Locusts ***

The locusts are to harm only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads, those in Christendom who claim to be sealed but whose record belies that claim.

The scripture said to harm those without the seal on their forehead.

It does not say anything at all about whether they claim to have it or not.

They are trying to apply it ONLY to the religious leaders. But if you don't have the seal on your head, you're gonna get stung. Whether you claim to have a seal or not.

Next problem:

*** re chap. 22 p. 145 par. 11 The First Woe—Locusts ***

The torment lasts for five months. Is that a relatively short time? Not from the point of view of a literal locust. Five months describes the normal life span of one of these insects. Therefore, it is for as long as they live that the modern-day locusts keep stinging God’s enemies.

That five month thing is mostly accurate.

Actually a locust can live for up to two years if the conditions are good.

But who cares what the lifespan of a locust is? These aren't locusts!

And the likenesses of the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; and upon their heads were what seemed to be crowns like gold, and their faces were as men’s faces, but they had hair as women’s hair. And their teeth were as those of lions; and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle.

So these are not locusts, they are Magical Royal-horse-man-lion-woman-locust-scorpian Hybrids with armor.

What's the lifespan of a Magical Royal-horse-man-lion-woman-locust-scorpian Hybrid with armor? I dunno, but I doubt it's five months.

Next problem:

*** re chap. 22 p. 145 par. 11 The First Woe—Locusts ***

True, we have no record that any of those who were stung by the locusts actually tried to kill themselves. But the expression helps us to picture the intensity of the torment—as though by the relentless assault of scorpions. It is like the suffering foreseen by Jeremiah for those unfaithful Israelites who would be scattered by the Babylonian conquerors and for whom death would be preferable to life.

So if none of them tried to kill themselves because of it, then how does it apply?

It doesn't.

"And in those days the men will seek death but will by no means find it..."

Seek:

1 Try to get or reach.

2 Try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of.

3 Make an effort or attempt.

If they didn't attempt suicide, then they didn't "seek" death. Simple as that.

Plus, the religious leaders didn't really care. Nobody cares. In fact, nobody even remembers those tracts or conventions except for the witnesses.

I can't even find a scan of the tract online. You'd think an event of Biblical proportions would merit it's own wikipedia article... Guess not.

Next problem:

*** re chap. 22 p. 146 par. 14 The First Woe—Locusts ***

On their heads John sees what seem to be crowns as of gold. It would not be proper for them to have actual crowns because they do not begin ruling while they are still on earth.

This is downright funny!

What's the difference between the apearance of a crown and a real crown other than the material it's made of?

Can you impersonate a cop if you make the material for the uniform out of a non-regulation fabric?

What if you carve a fake badge out of aluminum instead of silver. (Or whatever they're made of.)

Next problem:

*** re chap. 22 p. 146 par. 15 The First Woe—Locusts ***

Just as the lion symbolizes courage, so great courage has been needed to digest this hard-hitting message, to bring it forth in publications, and to distribute it around the globe.

The lion doesn't symbolize courage, the GB has been watching Wizard of Oz or something...

The lion should symbolize strength, if anything:

(Judges 14:18) . . . “What is sweeter than honey, And what is stronger than a lion?”. . .

(This probably deserves a lot more research too. I wanted to write about the four creatures. The lions should not represent courage/justice. The bull should not represent power. The man should not represent love. And the eagle should not represent wisdom. But I'm lazy and you can probably figure it out anyway.)

So in summary:

(Revelation 9:3-11) 3 And out of the smoke locusts came forth upon the earth; and authority was given them, the same authority as the scorpions of the earth have.(They never even try to explain what authority the scorpions have. They totally skip that part.)4 And they were told to harm no vegetation of the earth nor any green thing nor any tree,(But the anointed already did harm a third of the vegetation on the first plague buy holding a convention and placing a tract.) but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.(This indicates ALL those without the seal, but the wts only applies it to those who claim to have the seal but actually don't. No explanation for this is given.) 5 And it was granted the [locusts], not to kill them, but that these should be tormented five months,(Five months is left meaningless because locusts can live for up to two years, and these aren't even locusts, they are Magical Royal-horse-man-lion-woman-locust-scorpian Hybrids with armor... What's their lifespan?) and the torment upon them was as torment by a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6 And in those days the men will seek death but will by no means find it, (But none of them actually sought death. And hardly even noticed. The Mohammed cartoon made more of a stir.) and they will desire to die but death keeps fleeing from them. 7 And the likenesses of the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; and upon their heads [were] what seemed to be crowns like gold, (Which are different from real crowns how?)and their faces [were] as men’s faces, 8 but they had hair as women’s hair. And their teeth were as those of lions; (IMO, they have the wrong symbolisms attached to this stuff.) 9 and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings [was] as the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle. 10 Also, they have tails and stings like scorpions; and in their tails is their authority to hurt the men five months. (Oh, and if it is a lifespan... then doesn't the generation change nullify that? After all, it's been more than the average human lifespan since 1919.)

Hmm, maybe you should try reading that with those 3D glasses on! Close one eye to see my comments and close the other to see the scripture.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Twitch
    Twitch
    And the likenesses of the locusts resembled horses prepared for battle; and upon their heads were what seemed to be crowns like gold, and their faces were as men’s faces, but they had hair as women’s hair. And their teeth were as those of lions; and they had breastplates like iron breastplates. And the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle.

You know, it's funny. I remember this particular scripture from back in the day and the first thought I had then was this;

alt

Weird eh? The associations a mind can make.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

"So these are not locusts, they are Magical Royal-horse-man-lion-woman-locust-scorpian Hybrids with..."

I grew up with a different set of loonies; Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God. We're talking 25 or so years ago, so I can't recall if it was actually in the literature or not, but there was much speculation by members which I seem to recall came from the top down, that the description of the locusts was actually about modern attack helicopters.

The theory was that the spinning rotors corresponded to the whirring wings of the locusts, harming only men and not vegetation must be some sort of nerve gas agent. They'd be loud of course, so the 'sound of many chariots' works out there...don't remember what the explanation of the women's hair was, though. Maybe ropes hanging down for soldiers to repel from.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The 1960's psychopathic murderer Charles Manson also had his interpretation of Revelation chapter 9. http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansonrevelation.html

He was the "fifth angel" of verse 1. The locusts of verses 7-9 were the music group the Beatles (long hair -- get it?)

Verse 9 -- the locust's breastplates were the guitars.

Verse 7 -- the horses they rode were dune buggies.

Verse 17 -- Fire and brimstone from their mouths were the strong lyrics in the Beatles' songs (especially the White Album).

Verse 15 -- The four angels : John, George, Paul and Ringo.

Verse 15 -- Four angels loosed, that they should kill a third of the men ; this was Manson's prophecy of Helter Skelter in which a revolt by blacks would result in killing one-third of the population.

Verse 16 -- The 200 million persons who were the 'armies of horsemen' were (according to Manson) motorcyclists.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

"So these are not locusts, they are Magical Royal-horse-man-lion-woman-locust-scorpian Hybrids with..."

Hahahaha classic! I want to forward this to my brother. He is always joking about how much he "learns" from the Revelation book.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I enjoyed your reasoning on the Locust and agree with you! YOU went way beyond what I ever considered. Thank you! The following is my view points! I am going to start with Revelation 9:1 so you have a clear setting of the Scorpions!

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. You really need to refer to Revelation 5 and 6 to get a back ground and authority over the fifth angel, scrolls, and bowls.

Each time a seal was broken things happened and only Jesus had the right to open the seals which in my personal view point means Jehovah the voice of thunder gave Jesus who used the voice like an archangel to tell other kinds of angels what to do, Again refer to Revelation 5 and 6.

Although stars sometimes represents angels or elder, this star has fallen from heavens is the first sign that it is not Jesus himself but one that was given a key to open up the abyss, once again see Revelation 5 and 6. Jesus opens the seals as a commander over angels, and all the angels can hear Jehovah's thunder. It could be an evil angel! I' m not too sure the word fallen verses coming down makes me think of an evil angel!

This star was given a key to the shaft of the Abyss. It sound like Jesus gave this fallen star the go ahead as if he stated, " You have 5 months to do what you need to do!"

Revelation 9:11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss! whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon! Who is this king? The Revelation Climax Book Is At Hand claims this is Jesus because he was given the keys and was made King of kings! was the fallen star because he was given the Key to the Abyss in first part of Revelation. Yes he was given keys but Jesus also can give the key to the abyss to anyone he wants and it will always come back to him. Revelation 9 that is what happens: The star , fallen star which Jesus is not going to fall from heavens, was given the key to the Abyss. What is the Abyss and who lives there? ( Luke 8: 30-31 asked him, What is your name? " Legion, he replied because MANY demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged him repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.") Shaft of the ABYSS means abode of the demonic hordes. The ABYSS, LOCUST has a king over it! Apollyon and Abaddon!

Apollyon and Abaddon, the Jehovah's Witnesses claimed that this is Jesus Christ, I do not agree with this at all. I think that Jesus Christ is King of King of everything, but this king is over the abyss which is probably Satan himself. King of King is over everything verses Apollyon who is Satan and rules the Abyss! and a temporary ruler of the world.

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel coming down from out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss, and holding in his hand a great chain. Again, I do not believe that Jesus is an angel but I do believe he gave this unfallen star the Key to temporary chain up the King of the Abyss, Satan himself! When Jesus judges the king of the Abyss it will be the final judgement verses a temporary one for a thousand years!

Jehovah referring to Jesus-Hebrews 1:3..he,Jesus, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty,YHWH, in heaven . So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he ha inherited is superior to the theirs. for the which of the angles did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? I say none only Jesus. Although angels were called sons of God. 6th And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him." The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus is an angel like his brother Satan was an angel. Again Jesus was made superior to the angels. I know that the NWT manipulated Hebrews the word strong angel or mighty angel so that it appears that Jesus was a strong or mighty angel.

Locust!

9:2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke form a gigantic furnace! Wow! and out of the smoke was LOCUST! came down out of the earth upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth.

Does this sound like it is Jehovah's (YHWH) people given all power and authority to do preaching work? NO! the LOCUST DOES NOT REPRESENT Christians at all because Christians are not going to come from the abyss!

So Jesus gave the fallen star a key to open the abyss which has in it demonic forces. These demonic forces have a king over them Abaddon or Apollyon to teach the ones who are not sealed a lesson for 5 months, torture them but not kill them. Again this demonic force was not given any power to kill the people just do their demonic deeds one last time to sting the unsealed ones! why? I am going to assume that it because they needed to repent Revelation 9:20 long list did not repent of works; Did not stop worshipping demons and idols ... idols that cannot see or hear or walk...!

But after the thousand years is over Satan also called Abaddon will be loosen, and unsuccessfully go to war with God’s people and surround the holy city God loves. Can anyone calculate how long five months equal? I cant! a day for a year. Just to have some fun!

I find it interesting that men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them. No comment on that !

The Jehovah's Witnesses will compare this to Exodus 10:16 And the Lord said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand over Egypt so that Locusts will swarm over the land and devour everything growing in the fields, everything left by the hail."

Unlike John's symbolic Locust, Moses was a real locust that devour everything. Jehovah promised never will there be a plague of Locust nor will they ever be again! Trying to compare Moses Locust like Johns will not fit into the Future Locusts!

Revelation 9:4 "..But only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads."

Anyone, sitting at the Kingdom Hall during books study needs to laugh at this one! it is a good topic for friends!

Revelation 7:2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in the loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm m the land and the sea. Do not harm the land of the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." Then I heard the number of those who were sealed 144, 000.

The NIV in foot notes on 144,000 Some find here a reference to members of actual Jewish tribes, the faithful Jewish remnant of the "great tribulation" v14. Others take the passage as symbolic of all the faithful believers who live during the period of tribulation.

My point is that some were sealed 144,000 with the remaining ones to have a seal put upon there forehead. So I agree with the NIV yes they are faithful Jewish and yes there will be a continuing sealing of the great crowd witch no man could number but God can.

The first woe is past; two other woes are yet to come.

It is interesting that the Jehovah's Witness go door to door to torment people for five months. If a day is 1,000 years than Six months equals? They claim by going door to door they are tormenting people! Again how long is five months? LOL

Jehovah's Witness king is Abaddon, or Apollyon which means Destroyer! They claim he is the same angel of the Old Testament who past over the blood on the door post before the flight out of Egypt. The Destroying Angel is Jesus Christ! Exodus 12:12.

I guess one can assume the angel called Destroyer is also King Abaddon which means Destroyer! Big leap! but they are plagues!

I do not agree with the WTBTS on this subject, however I am glad to know there are other ways of looking at the topic! And I enjoyed reading your post!

I really like how you picked up on the WTBTS meat at due seasons, LOL which sould be "who do not have the seal on their foreheads!"

So the locust life spans are five months, who are Jehovah's Witnesses. They go out to sting people who do not have God's seal. The ones who are sealed are the 144,000 but the great crowd which are the Jehovah Witness are not sealed yet! who are going to get stung by the Locust. Too funny!

Okay I know they are the stingers in the tails located on the scorpions therefore they are not the Locust but the stingers! still they die in five months! LOL, I need to look this up again! Haaa! Haaa! haa!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

the scorpions are like,my favorite band.."the bitch is hungry,she needs to kill.so give her inches and feed her well'..fab...makes no sense,but neither does any of revelation.and the scorpions are sexier..my vote goes for them...never heard of the locusts,tho..are they metal?

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    You know, it's funny. I remember this particular scripture from back in the day and the first thought I had then was this;
    *Picture of helicopter*

That's pretty cool... It fits pretty good. I wonder if a gun could count as a stinger.

He was the "fifth angel" of verse 1. The locusts of verses 7-9 were the music group the Beatles (long hair -- get it?)

Verse 9 -- the locust's breastplates were the guitars.

Verse 7 -- the horses they rode were dune buggies.

Verse 17 -- Fire and brimstone from their mouths were the strong lyrics in the Beatles' songs (especially the White Album).

Verse 15 -- The four angels : John, George, Paul and Ringo.

Verse 15 -- Four angels loosed, that they should kill a third of the men ; this was Manson's prophecy of Helter Skelter in which a revolt by blacks would result in killing one-third of the population.

Verse 16 -- The 200 million persons who were the 'armies of horsemen' were (according to Manson) motorcyclists.

Lol,

Ironically, this makes a lot more sense than the WT version.

Hahahaha classic! I want to forward this to my brother. He is always joking about how much he "learns" from the Revelation book.

Thanks.

Is your brother fading?

It is interesting that the Jehovah's Witness go door to door to torment people for five months. If a day is 1,000 years than Six months equals? They claim by going door to door they are tormenting people! Again how long is five months? LOL

Makes one question their motives for field service doesn't it?

They're just going around causing pain. This scripture doesn't make it seem like they are trying to help anyone.

They go out to sting people who do not have God's seal. The ones who are sealed are the 144,000 but the great crowd which are the Jehovah Witness are not sealed yet! who are going to get stung by the Locust. Too funny!

Right, only the annointed have the seal:

(Revelation 7:4) “And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:"

Meaning, the average JW does NOT have the seal. So the average JW must get stung for five months.

That explains why the WTS tries to apply it only to those who claim to have it and don't.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I remember this tidbit about the locusts and the five months.

The Revelation Climax in your hand book explained that a locust's lifespan is 5 months. So 5 months = 1 lifetime.

So the anointed JW's preach their entire lifetime.

S--------T----------R---------E--------------T--------C-------------H

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I remember this tidbit about the locusts and the five months.

The Revelation Climax in your hand book explained that a locust's lifespan is 5 months. So 5 months = 1 lifetime.

So the anointed JW's preach their entire lifetime.

S--------T----------R---------E--------------T--------C-------------H

I should also point out that they came from the abyss. They weren't spawned in the abyss that instant, so they must have spent some of their 5 months of life NOT stinging people. So unless they were stinging someone from the moment they were born (And they weren't since they were in the abyss for some unknown period of time.) then it can't be their entire lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit