Why I dont go along with the "happiness" crowd

by Junction-Guy 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you Lisa, I appreciate your apology and explanation, and I dont hold a grudge at all with you. I really like you as a person, and it just kinda had me down when that happened.

It was during Christmas time, and I was really missing Amanda and hurting, something simple like a quick chat and a coffee could have made the difference. Now that I know the real reason, Im actually relieved. You have been a dear friend, and I would hate to lose you.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

thank you.

lisa

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Dave--

I know it's not been easy on you. You have always suffered because of your JW past, as have a bunch of us. Think about the things you *do* have. People are dying over in Iraq to defend our freedoms; Mothers and Sisters are crying because they lost their sons and brothers to the war; Iraqui mothers are crying because they lose their homes, husbands and sons to the war. Some of them don't even have a place to lay their head, and nothing to eat.

Think what you have:

a RIGHT to come here and voice your opinion--

People that care about you (namely me)--

A roof over your head

Food

A way to earn money--

A car

The freedom to come and go as you please; and say what you please. Please remember that several thousands of women and children are abused in those backward countries, and there is no one to help them. The people they *should* trust: their husbands, brothers, fathers, and uncles kill them or marry them off at young ages. There are several THOUSANDS of young Russian, Romanian, etc. women sold off that become prostitutes by dealers. There are also 7-11 year old children sold in malaysia, the phillipines, or wherever, to the delight of the pedophiles from industrialized countries. Women's lives mean nothing over there. Women are NOTHING. NO-THING.

Be glad you're not a girl, and you're not over there. You have standing in a free country for which many would be envious. I agree with you, Dave, that our childhoods with the JWs were filled with abuse, but not near as much as those people over there. Those that are fighting the war, living through the war, or just trying to get their next meal don't care about how bad their childhoods were: they're just trying to stay alive.

Yes, there are victims here in America, and yes, there are people trying to help them. But our childhoods aren't nearly as bad as those people have.

Let's keep it in perspective.

CG

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Thank you Lisa, I appreciate your apology and explanation, and I dont hold a grudge at all with you.

You don't hold a grudge?? This whole thread was basically to shame one person, the way I'm reading it- but you don't hold a grudge??? It sounds like you don't just hold them, you nurture them.

JG, you have ignored every response I've posted on several of your threads trying to be helpful. You have answered other people so I am guessing from here on out I may as well just reserve comment, mine are not needed as you seem to be certain that you're right.

As far as your other thread and other people's 'happiness' ruining the lives of others- there are two sides to every story. My ex got to paint a beautifully tragic picture of himself as the 'wronged' spouse- because I didn't have proof of scriptural grounds before I got involved with someone else- (we were legally divorced though- but that doesn't matter to the congregation does it?) nor did it matter he abused me. You don' tknow what goes on in people's marriages- you can't judge. Yeah there are some people who are just cheaters and they are rotton and ruin lives. But most stories are way, way more complicated than that.

As an aside to Lisa, my heart breaks reading your posts in this thread. You did the best you could do at the time. Socialization is not easy for everyone- for some of us especially those with anxiety- other people just don't understand. Do not guilt yourself. You just can't please everybody in life.

Everybody is just doing the best we can in this life with the shit that the JW did to us. Can't we all just get along? :( I think I remember now why I didn't visit here for a whole year :(

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit