You'll never guess what mom's saying now (or maybe you will)

by reneeisorym 20 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/144783/1.ashx <-- For background

This was yesterday:

Well girl, I have done a lot of thinking lately. And I realize that I have to get myself straight. This means yes getting back into Jehovah’s good favor. Which you know what this mean, it means making the hardest decision of my life. I now know the beautiful life that you have and how much love you have for your husband and your friends and the love you have for your dad and me. We both love you so much it hurts. But you made a choice and I have to make one as well. I have not been fair to you by my actions, I wanted to hold on to my baby. I have created a mess. But I realize now I have to do what is right just like you. I have been so unfair to you and unfair to myself. I am so sorry.

I love you baby girl, your still my heart. I hope one day you will come back to us.

I think I may go nuts. After all I've been through the past day, my mom sends me this this morning:

Where are you? O.k. you have a crazy mother. I omit it at least.

O.k. cut the crap. I’m messed up huh? I want it all and can’t have it all. I want everyone just to get alone have peace for a change.

I expected this ... just not so soon!... UGH! !!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Renee, Is this letter for letter? Her spelling is way off. Could she be on meds? or alcohol? Has she gotten off of meds? I am so sorry for these ups and downs. I have ben following your threads. Don't know what to say.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

renee,

It is just what I said and others too. your mom is very confused and mixed up. She has natural affection for you but feels a loyalty to the organization that she feels God is directing. She is a classic case of mind control by a cult. Tell her the door is always open to her but that it is on YOUR terms which means you do not want to be berated into going back to the Witnesses. She has to accept the fact that you are NEVER going back there because you have a relationship with God's Son Jesus and that you feel that is sufficient. Tell her you respect her right to stay a Witness and she should respect your right not to be one.

I went thru this with my hubby. He kept going back and forth for a year. I tried not to bring any issues up but if he approached me and asked a question I gave him an honest answer. It is hard I know. But on the bright side, your mom probably has one foot out of the org. already even if she will not admit it. Peace, Lilly

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow... I'm with HorribleLife... her spelling and FREUDIAN SLIPS are very telling...

Her quote "just to get alone"

intead of everyone just getting ALONG... how very telling...

Hugs and strength to you, Dear Renee... even these emails must be wearing at this point.

Love,
    Baba.

• changeling
    changeling

Is your mom bipolar? I'm being serious here. changeling

• Gopher
    Gopher

Renee,

Not that my opinion means much, but I agree when you said you may go nuts.

Perhaps the best reaction to your mom is none at all. You need a break from this yin-and-yang drama, and she needs time, maybe a lot of time, to gather her thoughts.

If you can just avoid any reaction to her nonsense, maybe she'll stop sending it and think about things for a while. However, her continuing to go to meetings will continue to mess her up.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I know this would be hard but maybe you need to step away from your mom for a while...not shun just step away until she gets her head on straight...if ever

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mrs. Jones stated in 32 words exactly what I said in 86 words. Read Mrs. Jones' post, it's shorter.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hugs

Just try and say that things could be OK, she doesn't have to feel bad for just interacting with you " a bit "

If you try and aim for something, then I think that might lead to more. She obviously is asking for an answer. Give her an answer that will fit with JW'ism. Just so you can keep contact.

I hope you are ok.

Sirona

• Scully
    Scully

If you want to respond to your mom's most recent message, how about this.

Are you OK mom? I feel like you are trying to mess with my emotions here.

I'm not the one who is saying that you can't have a relationship with me. Maybe you need to figure out why you'd want to worship anyone who would impose that condition on you, because it does not feel loving to me. Let me know when you've got it all figured out, either way. Make a decision and stick with it. Whether it is to cut me (and your future grandchildren) out of your life for good, or not, the choice is YOURS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit