Parents smoked pot !

by indahsempurna 16 Replies latest jw friends

• indahsempurna
    indahsempurna

So my parents said they aren't going to be at my wedding. I called my uncle to try and talk them into it. Being since he isn't a witness. He then proceeds to tell me he smoked pot with them a couple times recently and called them hypocrites. Pissed off I call my parents to try and black mail them. ( Probably a bad idea) I told them I was going to call the elders. Being since my dad is an MS and they are both pioneers. They both tell me it is not a serious sin and isn't something that would warrant a judicial committee since they aren't practicing it. They claim only to have done it a couple times 2 years ago. I think they are wrong. Since some of my friends growing up were DF'd or reproved for it. I don't have access to any watchtower publications for proof for them. If somebody could help me out I'd really appreciate it. At best I'm hoping they feel hypocritical enough to attend my wedding before it's too late. Also some input on if you think I should tell the elders. They seem happy and I'm not sure if I want to ruin that. But then again they did ruin my life, temporarily. I just want them out of the "truth"!!! Maybe this is my way to help that along?

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Ok, well this is truly a tough spot to be in for you, and not enviable at all I'm afraid. Once witnesses have their minds set on something, they aren't likely to change it. In your situation, I assume you are DF'd. If they go to your wedding, and its found out, they will be DF'd, because they would be "sharing in your sins". If you go tell the elders on them for smoking pot, you don't have "two witnesses", witness them smoking pot, so they would have to admit that they did it, and if I was a betting man, I'd say they'll deny it to the elders, and since you are DF'd the elders won't believe you, they'll believe your parents. If I were you, I'd give them a card, telling them how much you love them, and detailing that they shouldn't miss their own daughter's wedding, and if they do, then they will also be turning their back on any future grandchildren as well. Best of luck to you in this very precocious situation.

• dawg
    dawg

Let me get this right, they smoked pot and stillare witnesses? I mean, smoking pot helped open my eyes where I started questoing everything. Sad that grown people can't do what they want without fools interviening isn't it? Tell you what I'll do, I step in and give you away as a surrogate.

Now to answer your question, they are liable under the rules; if you told on them this act would warrant a judicial committee. Next, my thoughts are, not that they carry any weight, don't do it. Crap, all they did was smoke a little weed, I'd be madder that they didn't share.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Why would you go to the elders? Out of spite? That seems unloving and very much like what a JW would do. Don't resort to that. If you're trying to get them to attend your wedding, the last thing you need to do is become a narc. Just be your sweet, lovable self and they will eventually come around. If they miss your wedding, it's their loss. You can't force anyone to do anything.

As for this comment:

Crap, all they did was smoke a little weed, I'd be madder that they didn't share.

I now have soda all over my lappy. Only deacon and Clam have been able to make me do that. Thanks, dawg!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Your parents will smoke pot but wont come to your wedding because your not a witness.

Thats a lot of baggage for you to carry.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Tell them you'll think about coming back to the Kingdom Hall if they attend your wedding.

Then "think about it" after the wedding and decide not to do it.

Edited to add: Don't turn them in for the pot incident. Not good.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Hypocrisy and emotional blackmail can go two ways, but I have no advice.

I've been in similar predicaments with my family, and didn't handle things so well myself.

I wish I could say, go ahead with the kneejerk reaction, but been-there-done-that and it did not help me really.

I don't know what to tell you; just sorry and good luck and congratulations and have a very happy wedding and marriage, with or without your parents.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I wouldn't turn them in. I'd just tell them how upset you are because they're stumbling you with their actions. ;-) It's all right to smoke pot once, but not all right to go to your wedding once. hmmm

• eclipse
    eclipse

Tell them that you will have some good herb for them if they come to your wedding...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Do you really want people at your wedding that you had to blackmail to get there? Do you really want to screw over your own parents? Sure they are hypocrites, but they are still your parents. Your blackmailing them will not force them out. It will just create ill will. You know the brainwashing that brought them to this stupid decision. Have a great wedding and send them the pictures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit