Parents smoked pot !

by indahsempurna 16 Replies latest jw friends

• indahsempurna
    indahsempurna

The reason I was thinking about telling the elders was for them to know what I went through. Every time they drug me into the back room was torture. I want them to feel 2 inches high like I did. That was what first turned me off about the witnesses. I'm hoping it would turn them off too. Since neither of them was ever in my situation. I'd like to believe there isn't a god. But for some reason recently I've been praying that something happens and my parents realize it isn't the truth. They moved to this new congregation that worships them. Everybody there thinks they are heaven sent to helps there congregation. I think that is why their faith in the witnesses is so strong recently. If that is gone they would be more susceptible to turn away. I even told my dad he was on a power trip with that cong. I just don't want to miss this opportunity to break their faith. But who knows it might not even do that. Oh.. and my parents definitely wouldn't lie to elders... Well not my mom at least

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

The only thing I can say to you is that revenge and justice are two different things, even if revenge is way fun.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Indah....,

HOLY COW!! I bet that blew you away!!! It would just about anyone. Instead of going to the elders, which may backfire on you in the end, why not call a spade a spade and ask why they would not be attending your wedding, yet feel free to break the law which in turn is God's law and smoke pot. I would tell them how hypocritical that would be. See how they reason it out. Perhaps they may see attending your wedding is not nearly that big of a sin afterall. Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I'd allow them to continue smoking in secret. Maybe they'll start thinking more clearly. (It really works)

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Ah, if only my parents smoked pot!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you only have your uncle's word for it that your parents smoke pot. Don't take an extreme step like that without evidence. Everyone including your uncle will say you are lying. Also, how does it look for you to say, in essence, "come to my wedding or I'm turning you in." Real loving family, eh?

• Spectre
    Spectre

Kind of reminds me of this song:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pD8ymBR2Ufo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit