I HAVE MADE A DECISION TO LEAVE

by Maddie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Maddie,

Best wishes: I think you are talking about DAing....

I can not imagine being half in and half out of a room of insane people that want to drag you back into the room and beat you sense-less. That is what "fade" is to me.

I broke cleanly with the WT in a forty five minute conversation. Walked to the end of my drive, talked to two Elders, we went to seperate directions at that momment, and I walked back to my door my own person.

There will be some ups and downs.

With you in this Struggle,

Keep posting,

V

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    The last few weeks have been quite difficult for me over this and I find myself feeling trapped, depressed and just a little paranoid. I have realised that living a "lie" is not an easy matter because of many reasons, not least still being a prisoner of the WT. I want to be able to live my life with the freedom to do whatever I decide to do, If I want to go to another church I don't want to be looking over my shoulder to see if any JW's see me, or if I want to take part in any celebrations then to do so without being fearful of being "caught". I need to be able to express how I really feel and not have to pretend I'm something that I'm not.

I firmly believe that it is best to DA once you find out the truth about the JWs. I considered fading and discovered quickly that I couldn't live the lie. It is such a liberating feeling when you can quit being paranoid and not have to pretend anymore. I think you have made the best decision.

The heartache of loosing your family is hard but you find that it isn't as hard as you thought it would be. I think it is easier than being disfellowshipped. If you need any comforting after you make your decision, feel free to PM me. As long as you fill the hole the JWs leave with positive replacements, you'll do just fine. I found friends that are like family and social groups that helped you know what to do with your time away from meetings.

I'm sending a big hug! I think you've made the right decision.

Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit